Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'effin bloody sound card

Options
  • 29-08-2005 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

got a creative SB audigy value and through many attempts i came to the conclusion that it was fuxxored and got a replacement from komplett.the new one now won't work. To avoid any chance of conflict with the on-board sound and its drivers i formatted the windows partition and disabled the on board audio in the bios. i then installed the sound card and windows and drivers etc. the sound card is said to be working by windows and the speakers did work with the on board audio but when i use the speakers with the sound blaster i receive no blast of sound

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

have you got the soundblaster as your primary output?

sbaudigy.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Edit: Ah you already did that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Is the audigy set to output digital ? It shoulb be set to output analog not digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i installed the drivers for analogue if thats what your talking about. is there another setting that i should know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

how did you install the drivers, I remember hearing there was a problem with installing audigy drivers from an exe. It might be worth giving this a go:.

download the latest drivers(or use the onesr you have) and unpack them to a folder using winzip.

Then uninstall the current drivers and restard the machine. when windows detects the new hardware point it to the folder with the unpacked drivers and let windows install the hardware.

tis worth a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lazarix

Also, silly thing, but make sure that you have the speaker cable plugged into the number 1 socket on the card which is for front audio out. Looking at the card, it is 3 holes away from the gameport.

LaZ

Advertisement