Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD:UO Session

Options
  • 29-08-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

Im organising a session of COD:UO on the deathmatch server.

IP:83.147.161.92
    PORT: 28962

Thursday at 8PM is a good time for me. Thought id give it a few days so we can get a good few people on the server.

If your interested post up.

Also if you know anyone that would like to join in then spread the word. The more the merrier.

If we get enough people on then we might change to the TDM server.

Ive posted on my CLAN forums so that might get a few more on the server.

Can you make it on Thursday at 8PM 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    66% 4 votes
    Maybe
    33% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yup for once it doesn't coincide with clan practise/matches ill be there shining up my kar as we speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't believe I gave my COD away..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

what possessed you to give away COD

what possessed you to give away COD

I only play sof2 online I sold every single other game I own :o

I used ripped versions for single player everything now aday but they don't work online in most cases, but I don't really care as again, all I play is sof2.

But sometimes would be nice to play with some irish people online.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

i'll be there. see you all on thur. General Mayhem!!!

• Advertisement

excelent greglo23

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

cu there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I would have loved to be part of that but I've got rugby training... :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I would love to stop by also but im working lates that night. And I wouldent mind as my Clan has nothing on for that night so I could have made it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

tried to connect umpteen times but i got kicked by vote each time.your compadres dont like some competition? waste of time imho !!

• Advertisement

tis not them on, same thing happened to me, some assholes using the maps to race jeeps are at fault

I was monitoring who was on the server over the past few minutes but didnt see anyone so i didnt connect.

There were a few people who use that server who tend to do that to people. Im going to perm ban them the next time i see them on. Were they people with friends. before their names?

They were indeed, im gonna connect now if ye wanna come in for ashoot up

I may be home early tonight and If I an ye lot are still about I might pop on. Depends if im not kicked also.

Nobody on that server when I got back from rugby so [G.F.F] server it was! Had a blast! ;)

I love going on that server to practice my unscoped shooting (without crosshair and all)! Now when I play normal CoD S&D (still my favourite!) I just go around with my snipe or Kar and pawn everybody without aiming! I love it! Even if everybody thinks I'm cheating... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Feel the power of the darkside!! Use the Kar!!

The Kar really is a pant-moistening weapon isn't it? I loooooooooove it! :D

it really is, is'nt it.

Its great I love having a Kar 98 and a thompson. Covers every situation you could ever find yer self in.

i dont think either would cover just realising that your standing beside a satchel charge that has been cooked off.

• Advertisement

Kar98k?

Why? I love that gun in alot of games, but mostly for the feel of the bolt action after every shot :o

Is a garand or a german g43 not more practical for deathmatch? Kar98k can be a bit more accurate but in a frantic fight it gets a bit cubersome reloading after every shot. Especially if you are hidden and give away your position.

Haven't played cod online since it came out but I do wonder about the popularity surrounding the kar.....I used to use it in Day of Defeat the odd time but found it only good for the beach invasion levels and long distance shooting. Playing in urban or not so large enviroments with multiple enemies was a nightmare.

the trick of using the kar in DM games is to always kill with the first shot. If you miss and have to reload then your screwed. If you hurt them thats something as it will put off their shooting for a sec while you reload and you have to keep moving as your reloading.

I was using the kar on a dm server a while back and i got my self into a perfect position and people just kept walking into my sites. I think i got about 20 kills from the same spot before everyone started lobbing grenades and satchels at me.

Kar98k is very powerful and if you shoot the upper body (and head of course) it's a one-shot kill. It sounds a little crazy to pick that weapon for DM but it does work if you know how to move fast. I've managed to kill so many Thompson sprayers rushing me in a tight space with my Kar (un-scoped of course!) you wouldn't believe! :p It's class!
    Now I'm becoming a huge fan of the Springfield also, makes it even harder! ;)

Advertisement