Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General:Naming of the Pilot Episodes

Options
  • 29-08-2005 11:48am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if the naming of the first two episodes i.e. Pilot is a huge clue to the series. I know that all series go through a pilot stage etc but generally these are only shown once the show has been picked up and then they normally name the episodes more meaningful names.

The word 'pilot' obviously has a diiferent meaning in Lost than it would for other new shows and that coupled with the death of the planes pilot might point towards something that we have taken for granted. Especially since the writers have but so much effort into giving each episode a relevant title

any comments?

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

mmm I've never thought of it but how would it tie in with the rest of the series????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Great point ya got there....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Apparently the plane was piloted when it crashed...

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Wasn't the guy that they found the co-pilot?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've seen the whole series and
    The word pilot has no signifigance whatsoever. At least not in Season 1. And from the way it develops, it's unlikely it will have any signifigance as
    BIGGER SPOILER:
    the plane wasn't the only object to crash on the island over the years

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Stark wrote:
    Apparently the plane was piloted when it crashed...

Coincidence? I think not...

Shouldn't they really have called it Pilots though?

This ties in with a theory I have about the pilot taking down the
    Presidents plane
    in Season 4 of 24. The first episode of that show was also called "Pilot". Mind you it took the writers 4 years to tie up that particular plot thread....... :D

Advertisement