Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCU Atheletics Club

Options
  • 28-08-2005 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

What's it like and when do they train? The training times on their website were wrong for the last two semesters.

I'm not very fit at the moment but I'd like to do some long/triple jumping and sprinting eventually - do they train you from scratch or expect you to have a certain level of fitness or already be a member of an athletics club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Did you e-mail any of the committee members?

I did circuits with them on Monday evenings 'til my timetable changed in semester 2.

I enjoyed any training I did with them, they're a good bunch of people. It depends very much on what you want out of the club, if you want it for fitness and whatever and maybe the odd bit of competition you'll get that, on the other hand you'll get the top athletes who are all about the competition etc. and take themselves and the sport very seriously.

There's no basic fitness level required to join the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Hey,
    yeah you can join the athletics club at any level of fitness. Well as long as you can run for a bit anyway without getting too tired!
    Most of the club are very good and very competitive. I have been training with them all last year. I'm definately not up to most of their standard, and only competed once. I run and train with them for general health and fitness.
    Training is usually from about 4 over in St Clairs Park (accross the road from college) for about an hour and a half. Generally just running around the pitch (or doing session training if your into sprinting/short distance)
    There is circuit training from about 6 over in Albery college on Mondays. also
    That's it. Great for fitness!

Advertisement