Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannons Heros

Options
  • 28-08-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

moshpit77 wrote:
    Does this photo look familiar?

yeah Its great I fly out of Shannon usually evens out about every second month (though not during the summer... dear god, I'm recked)! Its great to talk to the guys... Some are so nervus, Most of the guys were against the war, but wanted to go to college... they've been there 3 or 4 times that i've been there!!!
    One guy I was talking to, was so nervus... there was some explosion the week b4 and many soliders died, so I was going on about the good he was doing and the likleyhood of an explosion!
    He got myself and my mom who came out of Duty free an ice cream and drinks!!! He needed to talk with some non army guys he was saying!!!

Really nice that they can fly in and just unwind and talk with civilians etc., Its amazing how many soliders they cram onto the planes!

They are so brave and really they are hero's... its great that ppl respect that, but that they also know where to vent there anger at the war (if they have any)... which pretty much everyone does!

On a different note I think that pride for our troops around Christmas was great, Sky Ireland did a great thing... really made you realise what are guys are doing isnt as intense but just as draining (and important... people always say Irish soliders arnt good for much, they are... Just wanted to say that! They do so much good around the world!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

thankyou mr. america
    im sure they hate what there doing as much as we do though

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

John, when are you moving to the US?

And since when are they the "Shannon Heros"? When i saw the thread title for a minute i thought the rugby season had started early......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

LOL, its always sports with you! LOL! I'm not moving, what do u mean?

Mr. America??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Respect to the soldiers, regardless of their countries leaders ideals.

Good post limerick man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sweet jesus mobileinfantry, do something about your massive signiture!

now, I wouldnt consider american troops using shannon to take a toilet break on their way to blow **** up in the middle east as heroic.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt consider american troops using shannon to take a toilet break on their way to blow **** up in the middle east as heroic.

They arnt going to blow 's**t up'! They are going to stablilise a nation, (which they have freed ... this isnt the place to get into that)!

And it is very brave that they risk their lives to keep this country out of Dictatorship and safe!

Whatever anyone says, I will always remember that solider, and weather ot not the war was justified or anything about the Bush administration, these guys have nothing to gain.. but they keep at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I don't doubt the soldiers sincerity, I don't believe in their commanders motives either. Many good men are going to die, for an ill-defined cause and ill-thought out plans.

They arnt going to blow 's**t up'! They are going to stablilise a nation, (which they have freed ... this isnt the place to get into that)!

And it is very brave that they risk their lives to keep this country out of Dictatorship and safe!

Whatever anyone says, I will always remember that solider, and weather ot not the war was justified or anything about the Bush administration, these guys have nothing to gain.. but they keep at it!

Without getting into the the rights/wrongs of the Iraq war, my point would be that i don't want the Yanks having a toilet break in Shannon, and i don't remember telling the government to allow them do it either.

There are agreements where the US let us have the land overs! So its not like it was a total surprise!

What landovers do the US let us have?

• Advertisement

heehee, I meant Stop overs .... I'm Stewpid!

Advertisement