Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dremel!

Options
  • 28-08-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Hey I found THIS cheap dremel and thought I might share this with ya modders :) If this is in the rong place mods, feel free do do what ever. sorry if it is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fakesnake

hi there is one prob i can see Power Source 120V 1.15A 50-60Hz AC
    and the cost of post from the U.S , err thats two problems :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

well. you can get a power conferter and shiping aint that bad... (well guess it is bad but)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's not a great dremel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

does anyone have one of these, and is it fairly alright?

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3801&productId=147511&Trail=C%24cip%3D28884.DIY%2C%2Bgarden%2Band%2Bcar%3EC%24cip%3D28935.DIY%2Bpower%2Btools&categoryId=28935

Also does anyone know where i can get engraving bits (presumably the Dremel brand ones would be easiest to find?) in Galway (or Limerick or Dublin)

Dundhoone - I'd happily throw you a few quid or go halves on a dremel engraving kit if you want to split the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ahh. the joys of having an uncle who owns a steel fabrication factory.
    (sorry)

Damn you fuzzy! :D

Got the JCB and a couple of engraving bits in woodies, all in about €65. hope my engraving skills are up to par!!!

Syxpak, as long as you are the sort of person who doesnt mistake "the lend of " for "to keep forever" I've got no problem letting you borrow it!

Let me know when you'd like it, I've still got to cut out my piece of acrylic and decide on a design.

Well I won't need it for another while till I get my side panel cut and sort out my WTX issue with the stacker. Mobo won't fit in right due to a small strip of metal bent in below the top PSU bay on the rear of the case.

Give it a whirl yourself, see how you get on, I'll pay for a set of heads etc.
    At the moment I only need to do a bit of engraving for the actual case. I may get some scrap plexi and practice on that first though, or slap a window into another case.

Sure, see how you get on, if you reckon it's good quality and durable, I may very well just buy one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

B&Q have cheap Dremel clones. I had a genuine Dremel, it broke. The clone is still going strong, and IIRC it was only something like 20 euro.

I got engraving bits in B&Q too (Liffey Valley).

I'll give it a look.

You should've popped up to DS for a pint and a stroke of Fuzzy's case.

• Advertisement

Well I had "a go" at engraving on a spare bit of acrylic

Not as easy as it looks! I'll definately be needing a few practice engraves before going near the bits for my case. All my straight lines look wormy!!

Dremel clone works fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

SyxPak wrote:
    I'll give it a look.

You should've popped up to DS for a pint and a stroke of Fuzzy's case.

Yeah :(
    I was not a happy bunny, lets put it that way. Brand new 250GB HD decided, "oh you suck, I'm going to corrupt myself and make you lose lots of data olol haha take it biatch!". Secondary drive that had a backup of some of it, wouldn't work. Couldn't get the graphics to work, and the install was slow as hell. Had to format the 250GB, got it working, then full reinstall of Windows. I could have thrown the whole thing out the window. I hate when stuff goes wrong.

Dundhoone, I gave the engraving a try a while back, trick seems to be to do it in soft, gentle strokes. Don't push too hard. Then again I wasn't very good at it, but I got a few straight lines and a picture of a kitten out of it.

koneko wrote:

Dundhoone, I gave the engraving a try a while back, trick seems to be to do it in soft, gentle strokes. Don't push too hard. Then again I wasn't very good at it, but I got a few straight lines and a picture of a kitten out of it.

Sound like advice from the personal issues section!

Well i had great fun last night night again with a hacksaw a chisel the dremel and my fingers ...... at least im making elasoplast a few quid!!!

Dundhoone, are you in NUIG by any chance?

I graduated from there in 2000, working over sathill direction now.

Is there some unfortunate with hand injury moping about the college?

Advertisement