Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do I do about this cat?

Options
  • 28-08-2005 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I usually give some food to the neighborhood stray cats, I put some food outside, at the end of my backyard, they come and eat it. They are too scared to be approached so they(well actually there is only 1 cat, a regular ;), it comes everyday now, there were others too but I don't know why they don't come anymore) run away, that's fine with me, cause I don't really have time to care care of a cat, but yesterday evening around 9-ish, I'm in a kitchen, and the doors are open, and some cat just walks in meowing! it's not that regular cat, I have never seen this cat, it just walks in, and won't leave! I'm like "What a Hell???"
    it keeps meowing, and searching for something, it tries to go into other rooms, I let it, it walks around the whole house(b**t*rd wasn't even shy to walk on beds), and while it is searching for something, it keeps scratching the carpet with it's front paws, and on one side, it's fur is messed up, like it was in a fight or something, it's a pretty big cat , I give it some food, it doesn't it eat, I say ok, it's your time to leave now, by calling it, I finally "push" it out, but it won't leave! it stays at the door and keeps meowing non stop! I thought it's gonna leave over night, at 12:00 i get up, go to kitchen and it's still there near the door meawing! today morning the same thing. Once I go out, it keeps rubbing on my legs(you know like cats do) and stops meowing. what do I do?

here are some pics
    dsc002151mr.th.jpg
    dsc002183kx.th.jpg
    dsc002246cv.th.jpg
    dsc002239ua.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Keep an eye out for "Missing Cat" posters and maybe put up some of your own? Look after it until you get a response, and if you don't, give it to an animal shelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BAm MArgera

These damn cats going around thinking they own the place. Maybe he lost his wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Does he look injuired? If so, maybe he needs a vet to check him over.

As for what to do with him, I guess these things depend on your attitude towards animals. I know plenty people who'd just kick the thing out the door, end of story. If its not your cat to mind, I suppose I'd give him some milk and food, and then put him outside. If he kept returning, I'd consider keeping him, but other then that, I wouldn't want a strange and possibly stray cat roaming my house for hygiene issues above anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

DON'T let it back in, it'll go away eventually.

And your bed.......might want to wash your duvet/sheets :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

You can either go buy some BBQ sauce or if you don't like cats give the ispca a ring 043 250 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks for advices!

doesn't look injured, it jumped on the window and tryed to climb in, so it can move...

here's what I'll do,

I'll keep it out, and will look for posters/notes, if nobody shows up, I'll try to talk my folks into keeping it and I'll take it to a vet, if I won't be able to, I'll beg some more...
    in the end I think I'll give it over to a shelter or something.....I don't want this thing put to sleep :(

Sofa, did that already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The cat's owner is probably going demented right this minute wondering where their cat has gone. Judging by this cats friendly behaviour it is well used to being pampered and does have a home. I'm not sure what the correct procedure is when you find a cat like this. If you feed it and give it shelter it's not going to bother going back to its home. OTOH if you ignore it it's going to wander off and will run the gauntlet of diseases, dogs, cars, cruel people etc.

I would say feed it but ask around in the neighbourhood if anyone has lost a cat. Ask in local shops, the postman, local vets, shelters, keep and eye out for "lost" posters and put up some "found" ones, check the lost and found ads in the local paper etc. It is likely that the cat lives within about a 1/2 mile radius of you in which case there is a good chance of reuniting him. If he has come from further away (eg was accidentally taken away in the back of a van) then there is almost no chance of reuniting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good stuff!

My own cat (she's usually a relatively clean cat) was on my bed last week, and i had an annoying rash-type thing a couple days afterwards...

But who knows what a stray cat would leave behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

k people, I've got a good news, I went out and asked my neighbor, if he knows whos is this cat, and he told me that it belonged to a neighbor next to him, so phew... this was really worrying me, I didn't feel right letting an animal out on the steets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

He possibly thought it was his house. Houses in estates do look the similar to them. My cat sometimes tries to get in next door, also the neighbor looks like his previous owner. Could be something like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement