Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc specs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Nope...

Even with all the upgrades - it's a Cyrix chip and they're muck curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If you have to have a PC now - and are only using it to dik around on its fine

one thing - get a graphics card, say voodoo banshee - circa £100

ffs - I am on a 166 here - working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Since when are cyrix chips muck ?
    They are better than intels and not as good as AMD but they arent the worst
    Ive had 2 cyrix systems and 1 intel system and found the cyrix processers better !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

A banshee for £100?? Haha, as much as I prefer TNT2s over Voodoo3s, if you want a graphics card for that price then you should get a Voodoo3. You can get one for 99 quid.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 29-05-99).]

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

From my own experinces with Cyrix chips, they are a large pile of shite. I've used serveral machines with cyrix in them and the equivalent inel chip always out preformed them.

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

"They are better than intels and not as good as AMD but they arent the worst"

Cool. There's reversed logic if you ever saw it, seeing as how AMD chips have always been truly sucky (altho the K7 looks nice, mmm)

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

intel chips are overall the best, even though for example the AMD k6 has a faster core than the intel p2, it has **** pipelines, so the intel chip outperforms the amd.

you could say that p1 chips were better than p2 chips cos technically the pentium core is faster than the pentium 2 core, at the same clock speeds.

im not even going to talk about cyrix chips, just that they are even worse than amd.
    AMD's strong point is that its chips are cheap. Cyrix's strong point is that it stopped manufacturing sometime last year.

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 13-06-99).]

Advertisement