Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Downloads

Options
  • 27-08-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

seems come 2006 we'll be able to download TV shows from BBC up to a week after they air

full story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it would make sense that only those paying the tv liecence were able to download, prob have to put in your code or something but i'd say they may have a pay 2 download service for those without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nope. from what i heard it is UK only and they will tell by your ISP or something. but a very good idea imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Quinnsey

I suppose RTE will be doing this in no time anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well RTE buys in a hell of a lot of their programmes.... So No. Unless you want to download episodes of fair city. RTE don't own the rights to the programmes.... well they buy the rights to show them a number of times.

And I doubt RTE will invest the cash.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Mossy Monk wrote:
    nope. from what i heard it is UK only and they will tell by your ISP or something. but a very good idea imo
    If it's by ISP then anyone with UTV will be flying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Quinnsey wrote:
    I suppose RTE will be doing this in no time anyway :D

With RTÉ's new Champions league deal they signed last week, they will be able to stream it live on their website from next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Mossy Monk wrote:

PROXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I was thinking about this.
    And while it's a good idea, does anyone think it will be along the same lines as their listen again player ? the one they use for radio streams.

What will the quality be like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RazorHolt

Check http://www.nubatv.com They are planning on broadcasting TV series and movies over the internet in high quality.

They are beta testing right now. Read the posts at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=82408

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Looks that way alright , Probably applies to the UK only. :mad:

Advertisement