Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literature discussion

Options
  • 27-08-2005 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a serious-minded writer with an open mind who would like to exchange ideas and assess my writings, as I will do with his/her writing. I have plans to publish my work, but I would like a second opinion and to broaden my horizon, so to speak. I repeat, I'm looking for a serious person. Respond if you are interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

I don't write but i would be willing to offer you my opinion on any of your writing if you are interested. You can PM me if you want.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

generally this board is for posting creative writing but I will allow this as it pertains to creative writing. You could always do what everyone else here does and post up your work for comments and suggestions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

I would prefer to correspond with someone who writes him/herself. But thanks for the offer, Hussein!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well I am a writer but I just dont have the time to take on any more projects atm, its hard enough trying to find the time to write my own stuff and I'm cutting down my online time so I wont be around a lot. If youd like to pm me your work I will have a read when I have time and get back to you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I write as well, but to be honest, I've been so busy I only have time for short writings, I can't get anything over about 50 pages off the ground, too busy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

I'd be very interested in doing that actually Vangelis. I've been looking to meet serious minded writers myself. I've had a couple of things published and would be very keen on an exchange of ideas. PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

As the first step towards something I've been meaning to get up and running for a LONG time now I set up a private forum on some webspace I have, by way of a means for us (there are three so far!) to start a writers group.

I found this group set up to be an enormous benefit for both motivation and also for generating ideas and helping me to become a better writer. If anyone else would like to participate and become a member of this writers group then please PM me for details as to how. There are about three or possibly four spots left...

The idea being that you have a place to post your work and get feedback on it as well as seeing how other people approach different situations and story developments. There is also the possibility of starting an e-zine to publish some work of the group regularly, depending on interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Vangelis, you're on the UCd board, so come the the UCD creative writing society. I'm sure someone there will be willing to take you up on your offer. I'd love to, but i'm not a very prolific writer, and I have major time constraints until June, which means I won't be in a position to alter that for a while, but I'm sure someone there will, if you don't get any satisfaction before then.

Advertisement