Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good White Wine

• 27-08-2005 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

For me at the moment it's Barefoot on the Beach from (dont laugh) Superquinn.

I've tried all types of white wine from cheap n' nasty to "reassuringly expensive"but a lot of goes down like paint stripper and gives a nightmare hangover.(even after two glasses)

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Thats a good point,
    ,,,I find whites give me a headache much quicker than reds do,,,,even so...I love whites too! :)...for whites I tend to go for alsace in france, or new zealand , south africa or some chillien.
    Alsace Gervsutztraminer or Pinot Gris are 2 excellent wines, they loook like German wines in their german style green bottles, but these are french all the way, with fabulous flavours,,,ya want the perfect wines for those chinese/thai take aways??..these 2 are just perfect...the Gerwutz has an odd perfume kind of smell but really tastes great , the pinot gris well is just a gorgeous style white wine , go with anything or on its own. Both are approx E10 to E12 in Superquinn and yu can get top notchers of both by top producers for more.
    Like the New Zealand sauvignon Blanc,,,soo - tasty and zesty, great stuff,,Montana's version is a great value one for a E10. Then there Chardonnay's too..seem to be less over powering like the ozzie ones, but more minerally tasting like the good Burgundy style, luv those.
    South Africa, can often produce tasty appley style rieslings, always good and tasty,,I used to get one a year or two back but cant remember the name !!grrr aint seen it in a while, Again their chardonnays and sauvignon blancs tend to be good and not bad value. Italian Pinot Grigio is the italian version of Pinto Gris, veyy nice and fresh tasting i find.

there ya go..ciao' amigo...Baggio.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sancerre.
    Pouilly Fumé.
    Pouilly Fuisse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Any Riesling..

Yalumba, Mad Fish, Wakefield... any of them, all excellent...

Advertisement