Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked tile in shower

Options
  • 26-08-2005 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Was attempting to replace a faulty bath/shower screen. The bracket was particularly difficult to remove from the wall as it was stuck fast with silicone and I cracked one tile in a few places.
    My dilemma now - if I leave it as it is, will the water eventually seep in behind and damage other tiles? Or should I attempt to replace the tile? If it's the latter option, how do I do it?!
    Any guidance appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

you could just put some clear silicone over the crack if it wasn't that big,
    but if it is you would be as well to replace it, if it is only one tile. firstly tap the center of the tile with a hammer to crack it cover your eyes, then remove the broken bits of tile. remove adhesive and surrounding grout around the hole on the wall. buy a small tub of readymade adhesive and a small bag of grout, apply the adhesive to the tile with a notching tool (diy one for €4), then slap the tile in to position, leave for a couple of hours then grout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schira

Thanks heffo, now I just have to pluck up the courage to go smashing the place up with a hammer! Bit nervous about that.
    Maybe I should wait til I'm really angry about something and then I'll have great fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

make sure you only hit the broken tile!!!! :D

Advertisement