Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shetland pony around Dublin

Options
  • 26-08-2005 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a shetland pony around Dublin ? We're organizing a b'day party for my 2y old son and my wife wants to get a loan of a shetland pony ?

Are there any equestrian centres around Dublin who are doing this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Hmm.. I don't know of any off hand. You might try Killegar Riding School in Kilteirnan, they do occasionally rent out horses, but I've never heard of them bringing one to a childs party to give pony rides... worth a try though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I imagine insurance could be an absolute nightmare!.

Are you or your wife experienced with horses?. Do you want the pony to come to you or do you mean book a lesson at a riding school?. If its a lesson your after two may be too young due to insurance and the fact that a two year old really wouldn`t be able to learn any thing and would have a very short attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

2 year olds are learning all the time and they pick up new things very quickly.

Have to agree with insurance part though, I haven't heard of anyone that rents out ponys or horses for parties mabey because of the insurance side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Riding lessons are pretty much wasted on two year olds. They really can`t learn much as they just do not have the strength to ride. Granted they may learn some balance but you would have to keep an eye on them so they don`t jump off when they get bored/scared/stroppy/tired. They just don`t have the attention span for it.

Advertisement