Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most suicides on Mondays

Options
  • 26-08-2005 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4184136.stm

A study has found that Monday is the favoured day for suicides, across all classes, age groups, etc. The scientists of course have lots of mad theories; they haven't thought of hangovers, though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i've heard of about 4 or 5 fairly recently and they were all on fridays or saturdays if i remember correctly...thats a really crap job havin to study that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not an altogether surprising phenomenon, although I'm a little surprised that it's a universal thing. Not all countries work the 9-5, Monday-Friday routine, do they?

Back in college, I can well remember some weeks getting up on a Monday after the weekend and thinking to myself "Oh christ, another five days of this ****". Certainly never bad enough to want to top myself, but I can see how it could be the metaphorical straw for some people. Stats suggest that Monday is also the day most people die from heart attacks. Clearly stress levels are at their highest worldwide on a Monday. How many wars are started on a Monday? :)

Personally, Monday is the best day for me. I get the most work done, and I enjoy what I do. Gradually I wind down until I get too much sleep on a Friday night and wake up with a headache on Saturday, which makes me stressed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 U$ername

Maybe the suicide counters dont work weekends?
    "Oh ****, we'll just chalk it down as Monday, they never check..Look they are'nt in yet anyway"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement