Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep my house smelling nice

Options
  • 25-08-2005 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

My holiday home sometimes smells a bit "fusty", is there any natural way to keep it smelling nice, I do all the usual things like keeping windows slightly open, all room doors open, accesses to the loft open
    I have a wood-burning range which is great for heating my water and cooking , I wonder maybe there is something I could burn when I'm there but must be natural - I don't do chemicals of any sort ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

Oil burners are the way to go. I have an electric one that you put drops of lavender/orange/lemon or any aromatheric oil. you only need a little and a lot of oils have mood boosting effects etc too. All natural.
    I sometimes just put a few drops on the carpet/bed/sofa (dark material only) and it's wonderful.
    You can get good ones in any health food/alternative shop.
    Bunches of lilies/lavender/rosemary etc work as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 madonnar

Thank you Rosie
    Your ideas sound lovely. Will try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Madonna R.. try putting little cups/bowls of salt around the place when you're not there.. It takes the damp out of the air and stops it smelling Musty.

Deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

You should also check out this thread on Magicmum.. its great!

Magicmum Ecoliving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 madonnar

Thanks Debracd

• Advertisement
Advertisement