Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaarrrrggghhh

Options
  • 31-05-1999 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

help!
    i got an sb live today and when i installed it has fucked up my modem connection
    any ideas why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, ive now removed my sblive and can use my modem again. now my other bloody sc wont work

let me explain.
    when i installed the live card, my modem went strange. i could use it on boot up but after about 20 sec - 2 mins it just stopped all traffic. as if id been dissed. this wasnt the case however. i suspect that something else was taking over and using the com port. im not sure what, but i must have been the sblive card. anyone know anything about that?
    do you think it might be better if i changed the com port my modem is on? there is no record of a conflict in device manager so im totally at a loss as to what the story is sad.gif

if i cant get it figured out over the next few days i suspect i'll just try an get my old sc to work and there will be a brand spanking new sblive (not value one either!) for sale.

if anyone has had problems with these can they post and say what coz it might trigger something
    cheers
    eamon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Probably a long shot BUT
    Did you check for Hardware conflicts?
    Both in BIOS and Windoze? (I shall assume you are using Windoze)
    Failing that, Ring tech support. You might need to update drivers or sumthin
    Thats about all I can think of, Now back to these feckin documents!
    ARGGGGGGG

[This message has been edited by DeViant (edited 01-06-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Whatinfug is this Borg/redshirt stuff ???
    My shirt is usually blue or white but never red. Didnt borg play tennis in sweden or somthin' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Borg?

So thats where the implants came from!

OK, poxy plug 'n play PCI sound cards and modems. I just rebuilt my PC (celery 400/128Mb ram, yada, yada, yada) and had lots of fun with the sound card and modem (SonicStorm Pro and Pace 56k internal).

I installed the modem before the sound card, and when I installed the sound card I couldn't boot into Windows anymore, except through safe mode.

To get it all working again I had to take out all cards: modem and scsi, then install the sound card first.

I never figured out what was causing the problem, but it works OK now.

PS, don't ever buy a SonicStorm Pro. Not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

All you need do is reassign either the SB live or your modem to a different IRQ, you can do this in the BIOS or in Windows, its best just to change the soundcard settings, just write down what IRQ the modem is on, then see what IRQ the conflicting soundcard is using.
    Simple, tadaaaaa

www.iol.ie/~mcguiret speed up your PC now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its not an irq conflict
    soundcard uses irq 5 and 9
    modem uses irq 3

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have you download Liveware 2.0 from www.sblive.com ?????
    Upgrading should fix your problems
    Try upgrading your modem driver as well
    www.iol.ie/~mcguiret speed up your PC now ! & some popular games as well

[This message has been edited by CastorTroy02 (edited 07-06-99).]

Advertisement