Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a cat

Options
  • 25-08-2005 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi, just wondered if anyone has any advice on getting a new cat. We have always had a cat when living with parents so i am well used to them, but now i am living in a rented house so preferably need one who does not mind being on their own in house from 9-5pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I'm in the same boat - am geting a kitten in a few weeks.

My next door neighbour's have a dog, who often pops over to say hi (OK, he pops over for a biccie but anyway!) so any advice on how to get a dog used to a cat and vice versa is appreciated too. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 coversmonkey

yeah my neighbours have a dog aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Best advice is get 2 kittens , it will make life alot easier for you because they will use up all their energy playing with each other rather than wrecking your head.

landlord wont let two unfortunalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

Any chance you can put in a cat flap or something ?

• Advertisement

nah dont think i can thats why i would preferably like a cat that can stay in the house while im at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

We have a cat as well and we are at work from 8-5pm. We only rent an appartment so two cats wouldn't be possible and the cat is a house cat, he has never been outside.
    It's not really a big problem so far to be honest. I know that the situation isn't perfect but he has a lot of toys and we give him a lot of attention when we get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Plenty of adult cats looking for homes, it's best to get two that get on well. They are sociable animals despite what some may say.

Lots of tips on cat care etc here http://www.kittenadoption.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

I have 4 indoor cats if you get them lots of toys and scratch posts etc and also invest in a treat ball will stimulate them and get them to work for their food and keep the kitten active, remember a cat can sleep up to 18 hours a day....

Also wondered too about litter training it, is it hard? does it take long??

• Advertisement
Advertisement