Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafe's ?

Options
  • 25-08-2005 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Hey all, was wondering if anyone could help.
    I'm trying to compile a list of internet cafe's in the city for a friend of mine, but the old googly-oogly and goldenpages.ie are letting me down somewhat.

If anyone could help and if you knew the websites too that would be even better !! :)

All I can think of at the moment -
    E-CENTRE - website doesnt seem to exist anymore
    VOYAGER
    JUICE.NET (new place on paterick street) - cant find any info on it

Thanks in advance all !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Tbh they pop up and disappear pretty much in the same month. The ones i knew of, and this is no help to you cause I don't know the names...the one down by the mall, the one on the quay at the corner there by the belfry....and then my mind goes numb...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

fade2black wrote:
    Tbh they pop up and disappear pretty much in the same month. The ones i knew of, and this is no help to you cause I don't know the names...the one down by the mall, the one on the quay at the corner there by the belfry....and then my mind goes numb...

Yeah thats true enough
    quay at the corner that one's voyager
    down by the mall dont know that one now :confused:

Thanks anyway dude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I believe there's one on O'Connell st. as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

There is a place that is an internet cafe and also do computer training,its called Quantum http://www.qtc.ie/ Its on the park road on the same row of buildings as Dominos pizza

Nice one - Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Waterford E-Centre down in O'Connell street is their since 2002, I know because I used to work for E-Centre (formelly celtel.ie) doing work in Galway, Kilkenny & Waterford :)

Their used to be a website representing all the outlets however it appears to be dead now...a quick google gives me:

Waterford E-Centre
    10 O'Connell St.
    Waterford City, Co. Waterford
    Tel. 051-878448
    E-mail : ecentre@eircom.net
    Web site : www.waterfordecentre.com <---Dead also :(

Voyager has a website @ http://www.voyager.ie/cafe.htm

Cabaal wrote:
    Waterford E-Centre down in O'Connell street is their since 2002, I know because I used to work for E-Centre (formelly celtel.ie) doing work in Galway, Kilkenny & Waterford :)

Their used to be a website representing all the outlets however it appears to be dead now...a quick google gives me:

Waterford E-Centre
    10 O'Connell St.
    Waterford City, Co. Waterford
    Tel. 051-878448
    E-mail : ecentre@eircom.net
    Web site : www.waterfordecentre.com <---Dead also :(

Voyager has a website @ http://www.voyager.ie/cafe.htm

Lovely stuff - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

The one down the Mall is gone if it's the one I'm thinkin of it used to be called voyager or something there's an african food/hair shop there now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

trishw78 wrote:
    The one down the Mall is gone if it's the one I'm thinkin of it used to be called voyager or something there's an african food/hair shop there now

yeah that used to be voyager,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

You can use the computers in the library if your a member.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Baron Flyguy

Cybermart down by the people park (beside Dominos Pizza) is a very good Internet Cafe and has been there for years (I started using it back in 2001)Great friendly place for surfing the internet and playing up to date computers games.

It also has a Computer Training Centre for computer newbies and people who want to be certified.

The location is displayed on their website. http://www.clancm.net/html/location.htm

Cybermart down by the people park (beside Dominos Pizza) is a very good Internet Cafe and has been there for years (I started using it back in 2001)Great friendly place for surfing the internet and playing up to date computers games.

Its grand and all, but often its full of screaming school kids which can be very annoying :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is another one, just above Barron Strand Street. Tis beside or near enough to that shop called "Claires" - the whole road is being dug up and replaced with new cobbels. Its upstaris in one of the buildings. Cant think of its name sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Baron Flyguy

No more screaming kids (re image), more people just surfing now at Cybermart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i have to agree,its a great place and the screaming kids are no longer there because there has been a monthly members charege put on for gaming so many of them no longer go.

Advertisement