Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll On Plaster

Options
  • 25-08-2005 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Saw this stuff advertised on TV last night, anybody got any experience of using it?

Any ideas if it will stick on timber? i.e. 5mm plywood walls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I seen that add before but forgot the name of the brand.I tried a few shops (woodies,homebase)and they said they never heard of it.But that was months ago hopefully they stock it.What is the name of it by the way?I really need it for a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Is it available yet?I dont think you can buy online yet either.I think the Tv add is the same that i saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It must be available or they wouldn't have launched their advertising campaign. Try Chadwicks and places like that as well as B&Q and woodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SnotNosedGit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got some of this over the weekend. The bf got it in Woodies in Swords.
    It comes in 3 sizes - 5,7 and 10 litres. The 7 litres (preey big) cost 44 euros.
    That didn't include the roller or the scraper.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Woodies are really pushing it now. A few weeks too late for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

BUBBY is it any good? Easy to work with? Can ya get a good finish from it? etc....!

ye bubby, is it any use?

BUBBY is it any good? Easy to work with? Can ya get a good finish from it? etc....!

Hi .. I was as excited as you guys about getting it!! :)
    Haven't tried it yet. But as soon as I do, I'll post here.

• Advertisement

i cant use the fibertech one afterall,

"This is a ready mixed product, ready for use from the bucket and is for interior use covering plasterboard only"

probably just get the polycell one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Aieee! Is it any good though? I am doubtful as to whether you can get as good a finish as a well applied skimcoat?

And does it work on ceilings as a skim?

i'm just gonna ask the good folks down at woodies the socre.

Okay guys, I haven't used mine yet - but I got an info sheet with it. The Fiberteck Ready to Roll is Skim Coat Plaster (interior drywall treatment). It is designed for DIY enthusiasts and for use by professional painters and decorators, who wish to plaster interior walls or ceilings. The plaster is designed for interior use only. It provides a coating to interior plasterboard walls and when smoothed out with a spreader leaves a level finish ready for painting (edit Bubby - this is the bit I question - depends on how shaky you hand might be!!???)

The method of applying the plaster is simple. The user rolls on the plaster with a standard foam roller from the bucket and provides a smooth finish with the spreader. It is fast drying (edit Bubby - keep your cats away the !!) and virtually non drip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Hi
    Have any of you actually used this yet - mother in law is nagging me to do her sitting room ........ would it cover bumps and lumps (on the wall not the mother in law). How quick drying is it and how soon can you paint it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DaithiM

Has anybody tried this new product from fibertech.I was talking to the MD of this company about the product , he obviously swears buy it ,saying a novice DIYer could do an excellent job on skimming walls using this roll on plaster.I'm a little worried though, 3 years down the line on whether it may degrade with differences in temperature.Also have any plasters tried this product yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Lafarge and Gypsum have a similar product, they don't claim it will replace a good skim coat of plaster, they recommend it for joint finishing on taped joints.

I haven't used the product it may be ok for small areas like repairs especially after chasing walls for rewiring, honestly I can't see it replacing the skills of a time served tradesman.

It's not unsual for suppliers of new products to send samples out to contractors, from the web site I think that product would have a very good market with the snag men on new houses.

Advertisement