Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nature of Desire

Options
  • 24-08-2005 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Not sure if this is good. It was completed quickly and not revised. All thought and criticism welcome.

The Nature of Desire

It's her common manner unintended,
    And innocence behind a subtle smile,
    And fluid dance about the fire
    With glowing embers swirling higher.

It's fire to me like flame to a moth.
    But darkness drags in a sense of loss,
    Of something rare not to be attained
    For to own would be to only spoil,

And darkness it seems is often loyal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

love the last line

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

good flow, nice imagery.
    Id have made it longer, nice job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Just to let you know the third line is supposed to read 'And fluid dance around the fire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

McFiddler wrote:
    Just to let you know the third line is supposed to read 'And fluid dance around the fire'.

You can edit your posts you know!

I liked the poem, although I got the impression that what you wanted to say (meaning) was somewhat sacrificed for flow and rhyming.

• Advertisement

Shad0r wrote:
    You can edit your posts you know!

I liked the poem, although I got the impression that what you wanted to say (meaning) was somewhat sacrificed for flow and rhyming.

Thanks for your opinion Shad0R. Would you mind elaborating though? What meaning, if any, do you get from reading the poem? In other words, what do you think it is I'm trying to communicate?
    When I re-read it I still think the intended meaning is intact but that might be due to the fact that I wrote it.

P.S Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can only edit post within the first few days. I was too late :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i liked that a lot. the flow of the second last line seemed a bit jumpy, compared to the rest of the poem.

i know its not a major change, but i would have it
    "For to own would only be to spoil"

or is that just me?

doonothing wrote:
    i liked that a lot. the flow of the second last line seemed a bit jumpy, compared to the rest of the poem.

i know its not a major change, but i would have it
    "For to own would only be to spoil"

or is that just me?

I agree, that sound much better. Cheers doonothing

Advertisement