Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFI Update - 24/08/05

Options
  • 24-08-2005 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

A few people now have been asking for updates either on this forum or mailing me direct so I thought I'd post an update here.

Since the last call to arms to form EFI, a few people have come forward and volunteered to help out. We have a barrister, a lawyer, a Law lecturer and a few more very clever people helping to bring the EFI idea to life right now. Some post here and some do not use web forums at all. I'll ask their permission to post here who they are here.

What we've done now is gather the small group who came forward initially and we are working together on a private mailing list to create a list of areas to cover and how the EFI would tackle them and what resources will be needed.

When this is done along with how we think the group should be structured we'll post it on this forum and on a webpage for public scrutiny, make any changes that need to be made, then move forward to the formation of a proper committee and a legal entity. At that stage we would hope that others would step forward and volunteer to be on the committee or at least to volunteer to help out with the group. Please note that the group who are working hard and with their heads down are NOT EFI and not the EFI committee, the committee will more than likely be voted in at an upcoming public meeting once this advisory group presents their plan.

I'd prefer greater transparency for the initial phase but I think the small group would work best for now in private as it is easy to crack a whip over them and get them all going in the same direction. With a lot of people wading in and out of various debates it'd turn into a task of herding cats, plus as I said some people don't use forums for discussion.

I'll try and post updates every few weeks on how we're progressing and I'd ecnourage people to keep the pressure on the group to keep the momentum going by asking for updates. :)

In the meantime it'd be good if people kept posting on this forum and linking to recent news items and opinion pieces on areas the EFI may be able to give their views on.

Damien Mulley.

Advertisement