Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gbam (?)

Options
  • 24-08-2005 4:21am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will anyone here be getting the Micro when it comes out?
    We have a sheet in work now advertising the preorder campaign and it has an actual size pic on it, and I must say it's rediculously small, far too small for my manly hands.
    I do like the faceplate idea, but the €110 price point is stupid IMO, they should be selling it under €90, the GBASP still sells at €110 and that's far too much (especially if the DS is going to drop here like in the US).

I think it's a very Japanese machine with little sway in western markets. Some kids will like it, but not many.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i'll probably get one if I have the money. It's a lovely little machine and far more portable than the DS and the equally bulky and likely to be nicked PSP. I've still got a stack of GBA games I haven't even played yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'll probably pick one up at some stage as well. I don't like the feel of the DS, and I have GBA games that I don't play very often - trying to play something like Castlevania on an unlit GBA screen is an exercise in frustration.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I probably won't get one. I already have a GBA, GBA SP and DS... there's no point in adding another device to play GBA games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'm very tempted. It'd be my first GBA, I was gonna get a SP but held out for the DS, which when I got it turned out to be far bulkier than I imagined. I think the micro is a nice size for real portability. You could practically put it on your keyring. The DS/PSP may be portable but neither is practical for playing on a crowded bus for example(the PSP might be if there wasn't the fear of it being robbed) and many many other places, but I think the micro might be an answer to that. I can finally stop playing block breaker deluxe on my phone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Had my heart set on this (even made a thread about it :rolleyes: )... ironing out the details on getting an SP now so that dream is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I have no plans to get one. Even though I have a Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, GBA SP and DS. €110 is ridiculus. €50 would be better. They should aim for the non gamer, someone who doesn't have a handheld, which means making it cheap. The technology is quite old by now.

Advertisement