Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vril Society and Nazi UFO's.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I've read this. Is it connected to the Antarctic in any way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There was talk about a entry deep into the earth in the polar regions but I'm not sure how substantial this is.. There have however been many witnesses to the nazi saucers and lots of documentation on it, should you look hard enough for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The Nazis were quite advanced when it came to propulsion. they were the first to actually use rockets (V2) I would not have put it past them to research such modes of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The nazis were the first to use rocketry as a means of propulsion as Billy stated, and also the jet engine. The presence of early 'foo-fighters' towards the end of the war has been interpreted to mean that the Germans may have developed an anti-gravity propulsion system. I recommend the book 'The Hunt for Zero Point' to anyone interested in this. It's a cracking read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0099414988/qid=1124884069/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-6199669-6238824

I don't subscribe to the 'hollow-earth' theory of the nazis operating a secret base in antarctica however, since the evidence is a bit flimsy. The scramble of Soviet and Allied troops to the location in former Czechoslovakia (and capturing of scientists) where anti-gravity propulsion tests were allegedly carried out lends weight to the claims, and Hitler's insistence that even at the brink of the collapse of Berlin, that WunderWaffen superweapons would destroy the enemy and restore Germany (although this could also have referred to atomic missiles).

I'm familiar with zero point energy.. You should look into John Hutchison's work and the Hutchison effect.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote:
    I'm familiar with zero point energy.. You should look into John Hutchison's work and the Hutchison effect.

Indeed, I've checked out Hutchison for some time (he's covered in the book, as well as the 'history' of Nazi anti-gravity propulsion experiments). The Hutchison Effect seems like what happened in the Philadelphia Experiment (experimenting with high voltage and magnetic fields, producing unexpected results), and isn't as refined or controlled as what Cook purports that the Nazi's developed in WW2. ;)

Have you ever heard his interview on coast to coast? It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Correction: Nazis did not invent rocket science.

The Russian Tsiolkovsky explored this area in the late 19th century. The American Goddard did a lot of work in this area before and during the war as well.

Anyone who was watching "Coast" on BBC lately would also have learned of Zucker's (German but not a Nazi) attempts at using a rocket to deliver post between two Scottish islands (Scarp and Huisinis)

As for the Nazi connection with UFOs. Are you serious? That sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.

The Nazi love of rockets is well known of course - just ask the USA: they had the best rocket scientists that money could buy (Werner von Braun et al).

galactus wrote:
    As for the Nazi connection with UFOs. Are you serious? That sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.

Yes I'm very serious, There has been numerous articles documented on it. Read the link I provided and go on a research trail yourself and then judge :)

dlofnep wrote:
    Yes I'm very serious, There has been numerous articles documented on it. Read the link I provided and go on a research trail yourself and then judge :)

I'm serious too!

Isn't it more likely that these so-called "UFOs" were more likely Messerschmitt 262s or similar?

• Advertisement

galactus wrote:
    I'm serious too!

Isn't it more likely that these so-called "UFOs" were more likely Messerschmitt 262s or similar?

Messerschmitt
    img.jpg

Vril 7.
    vril%2520-1.jpg

I'd say that's highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I heard this a while back as well. Also heard that in vietnham the americans had a lot of funky anti grav stuff but thats off topic.

The hallow earth theory has been goinga long time. Opening in the polar cap while inside there are basis and this is where ufo's really come from. Also the theory is that the pyramids are access points to the hallow earth and that advanced beings who once lived on the surface are now living there. Shape shifting reptiles iirc.

Mad stuff to say the least. Sounds way to sci fi and to be honest a lot of bull. But lets just suspent rational thinking for a second. What if that was actually true? How much would it turn the world literally inside out!

dlofnep wrote:
    I'd say that's highly unlikely.

On the basis, no doubt, that to someone sitting in front of a computer in 2005 these two pictures look different.

What I am saying is that this: that an average person in Germany during the midst of a war (starved and no doubt terrified in their normal state) never previously having seen anything moving faster in the sky than 100mph or so would not be able to be able to distinguish between between a Me 262 and a this putative "Nazi UFO".

As for this hollow earth theory...what you're suggesting here is a conspiracy of Earth Scientists (geophysicists etc.), Governments etc. Not to mention the likes of BP, Exxon etc.

I like a good conspiracy theory but none of this holds any water.

galactus wrote:
    On the basis, no doubt, that to someone sitting in front of a computer in 2005 these two pictures look different.

What I am saying is that this: that an average person in Germany during the midst of a war (starved and no doubt terrified in their normal state) never previously having seen anything moving faster in the sky than 100mph or so would not be able to be able to distinguish between between a Me 262 and a this putative "Nazi UFO".

As for this hollow earth theory...what you're suggesting here is a conspiracy of Earth Scientists (geophysicists etc.), Governments etc. Not to mention the likes of BP, Exxon etc.

I like a good conspiracy theory but none of this holds any water.

I never said anything about hollow earth. And no, it's well documented that in world war two, there was an extremely abnormal amount of sightings. From the foo fighters to the supposed scientists put together for Vril. what's so impossible that the nazi society constructed ufo's and figured out forms of anti-matter or anti-gravity propulsion. It's not completely out there.. Infact, I'd say the majority of the sightings of UFO's that started to spring up in the 30's and 40's like crazy (when vril was at their peak), was infact the vril 7 and haunebu craft and not extraterrestrial objects.

Be as close minded as you want about it, that's your prerogative. I'm not here to change anyone's opinion about anything.. Especially something as grey as this.

dlofnep wrote:
    I never said anything about hollow earth. And no, it's well documented that in world war two, there was an extremely abnormal amount of sightings. From the foo fighters to the supposed scientists put together for Vril. what's so impossible that the nazi society constructed ufo's and figured out forms of anti-matter or anti-gravity propulsion. It's not completely out there.. Infact, I'd say the majority of the sightings of UFO's that started to spring up in the 30's and 40's like crazy (when vril was at their peak), was infact the vril 7 and haunebu craft and not extraterrestrial objects.

Be as close minded as you want about it, that's your prerogative. I'm not here to change anyone's opinion about anything.. Especially something as grey as this.

Some interesting reading on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril :

I object to being called closed-minded!! A sceptic? Certainly.

What I've read so far on Nazi UFOs is unsubstantiated speculation with very little hard evidence.

Forgive my 'close minded' comment, I was reacting harshly to your insinuation of mistaking a plane for a vtol. Yes, the evidence is on a small scale much like any UFO conspiracy. But the eye witnesses and documentation of the events are very real. I don't think it's one of the more far fetched stories.. I think it was fairly probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I know they were doing experiments with ideas for craft shaped like these at the Skoda works and at a hanger in a Prague airport but whether any of these things actually flew in wartime - I doubt it. Kinda sceptical about a lot of this stuff.

Though the possibility of the US army taking the ideas and brains behind the experiments and (like they did with the V2 rockets) playing around in New Mexico in few years later is more than possible.... ;)

galactus wrote:
    What I've read so far on Nazi UFOs is unsubstantiated speculation with very little hard evidence.

Have you read the Nick Cook book I mentioned earlier?

The general hypothesis is that the foo fighters were small craft using anti-gravity propulsion systems. They were unmanned of course, and the theory is that they were small and remotely controlled, and used to follow allied aircraft and emit a bright light to allow AA guns to target them better. Who knows, but read the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/moonger.html

Fun read there, don't believe a word of it though. Along the lines of Nazi ufo's etc

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Kernel wrote:
    The general hypothesis is that the foo fighters were small craft using anti-gravity propulsion systems. They were unmanned of course, and the theory is that they were small and remotely controlled, and used to follow allied aircraft and emit a bright light to allow AA guns to target them better. Who knows, but read the book.

Yeah, but things don't add up as German and Japanese pilots were apparently reporting the same phenomenon. :confused:

http://www.unmuseum.org/foo.htm

http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2005/foofighters_freeconcert.html

http://sped2work.tripod.com/foo_fighters.html

and what about the German anti-aircraft crews obviously they would have to have been briefed on and trained with foo fighters, and that's a lot of men! ( or rather boys, as most of the AA crews at this time were Hitler youth and as we know us lad are rubbish at keeping secrets )

• Advertisement

Kernel wrote:
    Have you read the Nick Cook book I mentioned earlier?

I haven't and I don't think i'll be buying a copy. Althouigh, I did read a bit of it for free here .

Also there's an interview with Nick Cook at intalek.com (2.2MB)

What surprised me was that Nick Cook worked as an aviation editor of Jane's Defense Weekly (the world's leading military-affairs journal). Also Cook isn't too convinced of the whole idea of Nazi UFOs...

Anti-gravity as an idea is more than a bit "out there " but the area does fall under the umbrella of science, if not mainstream science. If it did exist surely someone would be using it and making a lot of money out of it!

There is still no substantial evidence, as far as I'm concerned, that the Nazis "discovered" and used zero-point energy nor that it exists.

galactus wrote:
    What surprised me was that Nick Cook worked as an aviation editor of Jane's Defense Weekly (the world's leading military-affairs journal). Also Cook isn't too convinced of the whole idea of Nazi UFOs...

He sure seemed convinced when he wrote the book about the subject! Why do you think he isn't convinced?
    galactus wrote:
    Anti-gravity as an idea is more than a bit "out there " but the area does fall under the umbrella of science, if not mainstream science. If it did exist surely someone would be using it and making a lot of money out of it!

If it did exist, (according to Cook it does), the technology would be extremely powerful, perhaps too powerful to be released to the world, and as such, companies would not be able to make a lot of money out of it yet. Companies didn't make a lot of money from atomic weapons either in fairness. ;)
    galactus wrote:
    There is still no substantial evidence, as far as I'm concerned, that the Nazis "discovered" and used zero-point energy nor that it exists.

With all due respect, you haven't read the book, and are not prepared to, so you cannot say that there is 'no substantial evidence' there is plenty, if you read it. ;)

Kernel wrote:
    He sure seemed convinced when he wrote the book about the subject! Why do you think he isn't convinced?

I'm just going off what Cook said in that audio interview...
    Kernel wrote:
    If it did exist, (according to Cook it does), the technology would be extremely powerful, perhaps too powerful to be released to the world, and as such, companies would not be able to make a lot of money out of it yet. Companies didn't make a lot of money from atomic weapons either in fairness. ;)

I'm no expert on the profitability of nuclear power stations but Japan and France have a lot of them - I'd imagine someone somewhere is making some moolah.
    Kernel wrote:
    With all due respect, you haven't read the book, and are not prepared to, so you cannot say that there is 'no substantial evidence' there is plenty, if you read it. ;)

By substantial evidence I mean more than one author: several respected historians and scientists for example.As I've pointed out I'm open to the whole idea of "anti-gravity" and man-made UFOs - it seems to me that there isn't a case to be made for Nazi UFOs.

As for this '40s Nazi Moon base and joint trip to Mars... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ah, I see you all mentioning Nick Cook.
    I haven't read this book you're talking about, but I know Nick from a 2 part documentary he made for the Discovery Channel or the BBC a few years ago called Billion Dollar Secret. It was a very slick, well produced programme about the US black budget on aviation projects and Area 51.
    Nick seemed like a very respectable and knowledgable type of guy, and because of his history as an aviation journalist for Jane’s, he managed to pull interviews with the type of people that more "out there" type of shows could never dream of getting. I remember one particularly memoriable interview with (I think) the CEO of Lockheed skunk works, and Nick was trying to coax him to reveal some of the things they were developing in secret, he didnt reveal anything but hinted in a sort of smiling, cryptic way that the laws of nature as we know them would not apply to aviation in the future, or something like that.
    I'd love to see that show again, really enjoyed it.

Ah, I see you all mentioning Nick Cook.
    I haven't read this book you're talking about, but I know Nick from a 2 part documentary he made for the Discovery Channel or the BBC a few years ago called Billion Dollar Secret. It was a very slick, well produced programme about the US black budget on aviation projects and Area 51.
    Nick seemed like a very respectable and knowledgable type of guy, and because of his history as an aviation journalist for Jane’s, he managed to pull interviews with the type of people that more "out there" type of shows could never dream of getting. I remember one particularly memoriable interview with (I think) the CEO of Lockheed skunk works, and Nick was trying to coax him to reveal some of the things they were developing in secret, he didnt reveal anything but hinted in a sort of smiling, cryptic way that the laws of nature as we know them would not apply to aviation in the future, or something like that.
    I'd love to see that show again, really enjoyed it.

Yes, that interview is in the book. He does get access to respected researchers, although some parts could be disinformation as always. On the whole, though, I believe he is certainly on to some truth with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Nazis were quite advanced when it came to propulsion. they were the first to actually use rockets (V2) I would not have put it past them to research such modes of transport.
    http://www.nps.gov/fomc/tguide/Lesson10a.htm
    O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming!
    And the rockets's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
    O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Tippoo Sultan was the first to successfully use rockets in a military sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippoo_Sultan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

No mention of UFO's but a Nazi underground base in Antartica.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement