Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That stench around Ardkeen...

Options
  • 23-08-2005 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what that stench was around Ardkeen today??? It was like raw sewage or something. Twas pretty bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have to completely agree with you there it was absolutely awfull

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

For a while I thought it was me, I was in the car and suddenly got it and because I was late up this morning I didnt have time for a shower instead I just covered myself with Lynx!

But yeah, the smell is horrible! A pipe probably burst some where :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

:mad: The smell you are talking about comes from the Munster Proteins plant in Christendom on the other side of the River Suir. This plant process animal remains after slather & butchering. When the wind blows south wards the odour is blown towards the city. The geniuses in Kilkenny County Council aloud it to re open after being shut for a period for environmental breaches.

The sooner that area becomes part of Waterford City the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

surely it should be shut again if it is stenching up the surrounding area

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The geniuses in Kilkenny County Council aloud it to re open after being shut for a period for environmental breaches.

Yes!
    I'm sure Waterford Co Council will allow them to expant their operations just so Waterford CoC can get more money from them :cool:
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Cabaal wrote:
    Yes!
    I'm sure Waterford Co Council will allow them to expant their operations just so Waterford CoC can get more money from them :cool:
    :p

Yeah, just like the way they want to take over some sparsely populated land north of the Suir, guaranteed money spinner that!

Maybe Waterford city should take over a few thousand hectares of sea and river - then maybe they'd hit the jackpot! :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

merlante wrote:
    Maybe Waterford city should take over a few thousand hectares of sea and river - then maybe they'd hit the jackpot! :confused:

There's oil in them their waters!
    argh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Cabaal wrote:
    There's oil in them their waters!
    argh

But on a serious note there IS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

:mad: The smell you are talking about comes from the Munster Proteins plant in Christendom on the other side of the River Suir. This plant process animal remains after slather & butchering. When the wind blows south wards the odour is blown towards the city. The geniuses in Kilkenny County Council aloud it to re open after being shut for a period for environmental breaches.

..hmm..great spelling!...Waterford City schools not up to much!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I have heard that Larry Goodman the Beef Baron (who I have never heard of, have you?) owns that plant and it has been shut down in the past for violating many health codes.

With his power and influence (that people tell me he has) it will be hard to get it closed down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement