Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two pups and a dog-homes needed urgently or thell be put down :(

Options
  • 23-08-2005 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

My dad is after telling me hes going to put down our dog and her two pups cause he cant find homes for the pups and he cant look after the dog anymore so Im asking for your helping in finding them homes.

Bran is a terrier we resecued after she was found wandering the streets and wondered into where dad works in Galway.She bouts 4-5years old and only half a foot in height and wont get any taller.She very quite and takes well to people and children.She might be frightened at first cause we think she was beaten in her last home but shes a darling.Shes a gorgous reddish/orange in colour

Her two pups,both males.One is a large black one with sheep dogs genes and so will probable grow to be big.Hes a dote though.Very lazy but playful when he wants to be.Not at all agressive so should be fine round kids.

The second pup was the runt of the litter and the cutist of the lot.He takes after his mother so shouldnt grow to be very big.Hes red in colour and extremely playful and not at all agressive so should be fine in a family environment.He also shows no evidence of his dad being a sheep dog so we think his father is also a terrier.

Both pups are 4-5months old.

If you can please help pm me or post here telling me of friends or maybe of shelters(where they wont be put down) they can go to but I really want to try getthem rehomed where I know they will be safe.Bran is goign to be the most difficult to rehome cause of her age but trust me you couldnt ask for a better dog,shes so lovable and affectionate

Im just looking for homes for each.If someone wants them all or even two of them thats great but even a home for each would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Polly,

Register on and post as Urgent:

http://s10.invisionfree.com/EGAR/index.php?act=idx . A lot of the people who post there are West/Mid-West, and somebody may be able to help you.

Also try registering and posting as Urgent:

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php

This is more East Coast but somebody there may be able to help you.

If it gets really desperate, email or call:

http://www.briarfields-animal-sanctuary.com/contact/

They are only in Rocommon and have lots of contacts with the big rescues.

See what happens.

These are all "no kill" shelters.

Keep us posted on what is happening, particularly if it gets more desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

I know theres no kill pounds or anything else but these dogs mean alot to me if i had my way Id kill my dad instead :(

Thank you for the information :).One thing is the dogs r in Laois.They can be brought to Dublin as dad travels here alright and possible Galway cause he works there.Anywhere else and wed have to try work something out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Polly19 wrote:
    I know theres no kill pounds or anything else but these dogs mean alot to me if i had my way Id kill my dad instead :(

In my minds eye I see a thread. It's title is "One dad - home needed urgently or he'll be put down". Nice.

BEWARE!! There is NO SUCH THING as a "no kill pound", a "pound" is run by the County Council and a lot of the dogs are put down.

The links I have given you are to two boards for people who run SHELTERS and one shelter in Roscommon.

Don't kill your Dad, it's too warm at this time of the year and he will begin to smell very unpleasant, very quickly, if you do ;)

lol thanks for the laugh guys I needed it :)

aare: I know what you saying but whole thing here is I wanna save the pups cause dad will put them down himself(uncles a vet) adn save the government money.Bran cause she 5yrs might be hard to rehome so chances r 60% shed be put down

Pleasse guys though do give her a chance she the nicest dog ever and everyone who sees her falls in love with her cause she gorgous :)

• Advertisement

Just noticed you say they are in Laois (I think your profile says Galway, so I thought you were there).

If so DEFINATELY try:

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php

Because the person who owns it is in Laois I think.

Hum should also say im not looking for someone to take all three that would be too much to ask :).

If I could get three seperate people itd be great

Hum how does it say Galway :S

Itd maybe expect it to say Dyblin cause Im logged in from Dublin at the moment and I study in Dublin

Have registered to both those sites.Just waiting on the admins to put me through so I am fully joined :)

5 yrs isn't so old for a little terrier...people LOVE little Terriers.

Also try:

http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com/contact.htm

They are in South Kilkenny and not far from Laois

It's just a thought, but if you found a place for the pups (who are probably tearing the house to shreds, that is their job, it's what pups DO) MAYBE your Dad could be persuaded to let you keep JUST little Bran?

Polly19 wrote:
    Hum how does it say Galway :S

Itd maybe expect it to say Dyblin cause Im logged in from Dublin at the moment and I study in Dublin

Have registered to both those sites.Just waiting on the admins to put me through so I am fully joined :)

Sorry, I think it said "Galway" because I was hallucinating!!

Must have been looking at the wrong page!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nope.

Dad was always extremely strict with Bran,more then reasonable.Dads gf was staying with him and bran attached herself to her but she had to move back to her home and bran isnt happy with dad.

Its only cause Bran missed me cause I moved to college and then the gf left.Dad hasnt the patience to try wit her even though he should.He also is away alot and never home so that a fact aswell.

To everyone Bran is still a friendly dog she just needs love and some attention and to know shes wanted

aare

I cant post topics in either of thos etwo forums is it because I have to have my registration confirmed by the admins first?

Well, being honest, Bran WILL be better off in a new home with people who love her...

:)

She and your Dad just don't get on and you can't bring her to college in Dublin.

Polly19 wrote:
    aare

I cant post topics in either of thos etwo forums is it because I have to have my registration confirmed by the admins first?

Yes, and I am afraikd you may have to wait until morning to get approval.

I'd post it for you but I'm not a member of either.

Thats why Im not forcing dad to keep her.Well forcing him to keep her till I get a new home anyway :(

*gives aare a big hug*

Thanks for the offer :)

Still though peep in here please let me know if youll take one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you registered at petsireland for the pups?
    I'll put a link on petsireland of this thread, they can delete it if they have to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I've posted it on Petsireland (hope that's ok let me know if it's not and I'll delete it) but you will need to update the thread if it's to stay on there, it's very quick and easy to register. You will reach a lot more people if you put it on the petsireland board.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Maybe you could put up pictures of them, so as to give them a face? :) It may increase your chances of rehoming them if everyone can see them...
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement

I wish I could but Ive no access to pics.Im waiting on my time to make time t ouse his digital camera and send them to me cause it seems I may have a home for Bran and the runt of te litter because they are identical to a dog a friend of mine once had but was killed.He wants to take them of they are the same as his old dog but until he sees pics he wont say anything definate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

hey polly19 im looking for a dog i mite be able to take the mother off you!

That would be brilliant.Im gonna pm you my contact etails if you could maybe get in contact with me as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Polly19 wrote:
    That would be brilliant.Im gonna pm you my contact etails if you could maybe get in contact with me as soon as possible

sure ill get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Just to let ye know Im still looking for three homes for the dog and her pups :(

The guy who had planend to maybe take Bran and one of her pups has fallen through and THEZAAPA isnt able to take Bran(thanks for trying though)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Dont worry somebody is bound to fall in love with the little cuties and give them a great home!

They are actually really cute

If anyones seen the film "Theres something bout Mary" Bran is excately like the dog in that and has this cute snout.The runt is the same with a face/snout everyone falls in love wit when they see it :D.Then the biggest of the pups has this scrunched up face and is so lazy he lies round all day being cute :D

As of today a homes been found for Bran and one of her pups,which pup has still to be confirmed :).

If you can still help in rehoming the last pup please help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

As a matter of interest polly - has Bran been neutered - just so as to prevent her / her new owner being in this situation in the near future ?
    Or are the new owners committed to getting her done ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement