Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah feck.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Boooooooooo!
    Will Metroid Pinball do you until then? :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

NO.
    That game makes me mad every time I even think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's Metroid Beach Volley Ball that I'd like to see.

You could get Samus and Mother Brain to try on different bikinis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Bloody December for mario kart DS as well....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo might as well delay the whole of the chrimbo line-up. All I need is Fire Emblem to be delayed abd I will be a very, very sad chappy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's Metroid Beach Volley Ball that I'd like to see.

You could get Samus and Mother Brain to try on different bikinis.

LMAO!!

Tbh, i was really looking forward to metroid hunters as its mainly multiplayer and none of my friends have a DS and there is no online multiplayer on it either.

I'm disappointed about zelda though. So looking forward to that.

There is a suggestion that the delay is to add online to it...
    Though no official details were revealed on the delay, it's being speculated that Nintendo has pushed the product back a few months in order to support multiplayer deathmatch over Nintendo's upcoming Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection internet service.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/644/644152p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dont care about this being delayed cause it was looking to be just deathmatch stuff so hopefully they are adding an online mode!

metroid beach volleyball would be cool!!! id love to see Ms Space Pirate in a bikini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Delays do not a happy grimloch make.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Im not a DS owner (waiting for Micro) but this recent spate of Nintendo lateness is worrying, Fire Emblem may be one of the only saving graces this year.

Mother Brain in clothes... wrong "do my pseudopods look big in this"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the fact that the likes of Mario Kart aren't out until Dec in the USA worries me more... are Nintendo going to let that (and others besides Metroid) slip past the Christmas market? Please god, no.

Online play for Metroid Hunters is confirmed:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/645/645718p1.html

Also we shoule be hearing more about the single player mode very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Am I incurring the wrath of the Metroid fanboys (and fangirls) by saying that I didn't like First Hunt? And that I would prefer if Nintendo released a new (large) 2D Metroid game for the DS?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Prime games.. I just don't think this game works well on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

TmB wrote:
    Am I incurring the wrath of the Metroid fanboys (and fangirls) by saying that I didn't like First Hunt? And that I would prefer if Nintendo released a new (large) 2D Metroid game for the DS?
    The demo certainely wasn't the best, but it is just the training bits of the game. I really liked rolling the morph ball but turning samus around just didn't feel right. I agree that they should release a 2D version instead of a mainly multi player shooter, especially since both the first person games in the series so far were more adventures than shooters.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TmB wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Prime games.. I just don't think this game works well on the DS.
    Y'know, I'd prefer a new 2D game to Hunters... but we just gotta take what we can get...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought the controls were very well implemtented in first hunt. i think thats basically what the wanted to get right in first hunt. I hope hunters is far better than what was presented in the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I didn't have a problem with the controls, but using the touch screen to turn samus just didn't feel right, nowhere near as nice as using a keyboard and mouse, I think they should have allowed us to change sensitivity or something, maybe even smoothing would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

great news that its gonna be online :D

Advertisement