Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's party

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hey, I guess this has come up before on this forum but I need some tips from you retrophiles. Am going to an 80's themed house party this weekend and need some advice on what to wear (I'm a guy) and mebbe something to bring too.

thanks in advance.

fish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Photi wrote:
    Hey, I guess this has come up before on this forum but I need some tips from you retrophiles. Am going to an 80's themed house party this weekend and need some advice on what to wear (I'm a guy) and mebbe something to bring too.

thanks in advance.

fish
    spandex lots of spandex

and feather your hair!

edit: ah no just watch pretty in pink or some other 80's movie, you'll get the picture after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Wear flares, red hair, and your heart on your sleeve.

No wait, wrong decade.

Shoulderpads, I assume. In case... well in case your shoulders need to barge...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

80's party...... simple. White suit over a pastel coloured t-shirt, sleeves rolled up to the elbows. Don't shave for a couple of days. You can see where I'm going with this, can't you? ;)

As for what to bring to the party, well, how about a Ferrari Testarossa? If you can somehow manage to get your hands on one of those and pull up outside the party in that, I think that should complete the look! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Razormac37

Don't forget the black slip-on shoes with white sox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ah yes, almost forgot those, Razormac! Just as well you mentioned them.

Oh, and a pair of big 80's-style sunglasses as well. And if you have a black friend who's willing to dress up similarly and go along with you, all the better! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Razormac37

What about loads of fake tan and a shuttlecock down your pants???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

Hell no!
    I got your idea right here!
    Lots of boxes painted blue, red and gray........cut holes for arms and legs................Optimus Prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

A pencil thin leather tie with a keyboard design down one side is an absolute necessity.

A mate of mine went to a fancy dress party dressed as Zack Morris (from Saved by the Bell, if you're wondering) and made an eighties mobile phone out of a polystyrene takeaway carton covered in black electrical tape - it looked great!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Optimus wrote:
    Hell no!
    I got your idea right here!
    Lots of boxes painted blue, red and gray........cut holes for arms and legs................Optimus Prime.

Megatron was better! :D

Advertisement