Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iguana info please!

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'd really like to get an iguana but I've never owned a lizard before. I've been doing loads of research into equipment/capable vets/habitat etc but I'm still a bit unsure of what owning an iguana would involve. Im going into first year of Arts course in college (7 hours a week!) so i'll have a lot of free time to look after it, and I have the money to spend on habitat/lights/food etc. But in my research I've been reading loads of different things and I'm getting confused, so I'd be obliged if any Iguana owners could answer these few questions? thanks!
    What is the maximum size an iguana grows to, not including tail?
    Are females generally aggressive?
    Would a shop bought Iguana habitat (2 foot x 2 foot x 4 foot) be suitable for a full grown iguana?
    What kind of temperament do they generally have, friendly, nervous etc?
    Are they easy to handle?
    Can they be taken outside in warm weather?
    Could I let it out of the cage to wander around a (carpeted) room with me?
    I think thats it....and just your general opinions on owning an iguana as a pet would be really helpful, thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Never kept them myself but you could try calling Ben at Reptile Haven in fishamble street, he knows his stuff....
    I think if you get on young enough it will become used to being handled, the bigger the enclosure the better, found this site to be pretty cool http://www.lizardcages.fws1.com/iguanaworld.htm
    Best of luck neveryoumind.

Advertisement