Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're at it again

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Outside the Shell station in Ferrybank yesterday as I was driving home I spotted said SF protesters and decided to to pop into the station just buy a packet of crisps it was fun as they dived outta my way... But alas I didn't hit any of them... I did get booed and I nearly cried .... with the laughter :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

trishw78 wrote:
    Outside the Shell station in Ferrybank yesterday as I was driving home I spotted said SF protesters and decided to to pop into the station just buy a packet of crisps it was fun as they dived outta my way... But alas I didn't hit any of them... I did get booed and I nearly cried .... with the laughter :D

Feck, wish I had a car just so I could drive around and around and annoy them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

merlante wrote:
    Feck, wish I had a car just so I could drive around and around and annoy them. :)

Bloody morons! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They've been at the shell station on the Cork Road on and off the last few weeks
    and the Statoil station last week

They'd make better use of their time if they went around picking up trash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoursfaithfully

I take it you lot are indifferent to men being locked up away from their families for a cause which appears entirely just . Get a life trishw78

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Fair play to em , their standing up for what they believe in , Im personally of the believe those guys should never have went to jail in the first place , yes I know before people start contempt of court bla bla , but this is just my opinion on it which were all entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nothing better to do with your lifes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Their protesting for what they believe in , why on earth would ya drive around buying packets of crisps to piss em off? I do believe its the petrol company they have the issue with not tayto or johnny onion rings :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Remember people, its Sinn Fein, they dont care what happens to the chaps in jail, they are just looking for publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sinn Fein are just jumping on a bandwagon! I hate it when politicians do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

protesters. maybe i would have had some sympathy for them (maybe not) if they werent waving those god damed banners out in front of me. i am all for peacfull protest when the protestors keep out of opther people way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sinn Fein? Who really gives a **** about a party whose leader is Grizzley Adams :D

A party with no mandate, and god willing never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I take it you lot are indifferent to men being locked up away from their families for a cause which appears entirely just . Get a life trishw78

They broke the law... and it's not that I drove at them because they stood up for what they believe it's as someone else pointed out SF are just jumpin on the band wagon... I also wasn't the only one using the station there were others getting petrol, etc...

Oldyellar... I'm all for people standing up for what the believe in it's the hangers on that I don't agree with. I bet not one of those protesters could give you a reason to why they were standing there other than what we've discussed...

Why are the Green Party or Greenpeace not standing outside all petrol stations. They have just as much right even more of a right to march up and down and claim that we are all destroying the environment in a world sence as well as a local sence... 'Cause I know if I saw either of those two groups march up & down I'd hand them my car keys and beg for forgiveness for not carpooling...

But thats not what this discussion is about all are welcome to make there views known. I've read the Charter but if you don't like my opinion there's nothing you can do just as much as I'll have to live with your opinion on the matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

All these people(rossport 5) have to do is apologise to the court. They do not have to apologise to Shell/Statoil etc. They can give assurance that they will not blockade the entrance in future. That will not stop them from blocking/disrupting other parts of the pipeline.

Shell will then have to go to court again and get a new injuction and I reckon this time a judge will not be so leniant, with shell having themselves contraviened their own planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bards wrote:
    All these people(rossport 5) have to do is apologise to the court

exactly, they can stay there and stop acting like morons until they apologise. not too hard now is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

what were they protesting about?
    the multinational greedy peeps in the West? were they protesting about that?
    the guys jailed for standing up for what they think is right! taking on big business, the sort of company that can get away with whatever they want?
    or
    were they carrying SF posters asking for votes? which was it?

i'm interested

haven't seen any protesters here in my area!!

Advertisement