Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode 1 What the hell is that!!!

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Was watching the first episode again the other day noticed something weird at the start were the plane engine explodes.I freeze framed and jogged back and forth. What the hell is that!!!

lostturbineenhanced.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

It looks like a really bad attempt at a random bit of debris tbh. It swoops down as if it it knows where its going and then takes off. So if its supposed to be 'random' its not that great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Uh, what the hell is what?!

A jet engine blowing up? :)

Nice gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow....
    Must dig up that episode again tonight......
    Well spotted!

Atheist - he is talking about the blur that swoops down and hits the engine before it explodes...... People who have seen later episodes (towards the end of the season) will have seen something similar (and yes, I'm leaving it that vague on purpose)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

We've discussed this all before.. and simply couldn't decide whether it was something more significant (can't say anymore) than simply a piece of debris.

Would give you a link to the thread where we discussed this along with another very interesting pic in detail... except it is full of major spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

TmB wrote:
    Wow....
    Must dig up that episode again tonight......
    Well spotted!

Atheist - he is talking about the blur that swoops down and hits the engine before it explodes...... People who have seen later episodes (towards the end of the season) will have seen something similar (and yes, I'm leaving it that vague on purpose)

I saw the last episodes last night so it does have some significance but im not saying how.But i still dont no what it is. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

basquille wrote:
    We've discussed this all before.. and simply couldn't decide whether it was something more significant (can't say anymore) than simply a piece of debris.

Would give you a link to the thread where we discussed this along with another very interesting pic in detail... except it is full of major spoilers!
    Yep, been on here many times before

It definitly appears though and isn't a fake picture

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's a piece of debris floating down that comes down near the engine exhaust and the force of the engine blows it towards the camera, just (coincidentally) as the engine explodes. doesn't look sinister at all to me.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I know what it is. You will find out in "Exodus"

Modedit: removed stupid spoiler because there's other skins here where white text won't work... i future use
    [ spoiler][/spoiler]

and don't post ANY spoilers in threads not clearly marked spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

obl wrote:
    I know what it is. You will find out in "Exodus"
    nope. two very different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

vibe666 wrote:
    nope. two very different things.

No there the same thing.Definitly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

OMG this what I mean there's always something you miss the first time second time and third time you watch this show... But I thought the reason the engine blew up was cause it sucked one of the survivors into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

damn it ..iv been keeping myself clear of spoilers cuz Lost is one the kewlest shows on tv in a long time .. apart from dead like me

and i HAD! to go read Trishw78's post..CURSE ME..!!!! argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I don't think I gave any spoilers away you clearly see the bloke being sucked into the engine in that episode 1 so what did I give away...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Look carefully, there are two of these thing in the picture posted. The other one come in from the same direction but slightly later veers off to the right through the explosion.

Also the main, er, swoosh?!? Seem to come between the camera and the engine and doesn’t hitting it.

Finally, I personally think that the things here and the references made to objects later in the session made here are some how linked but have no way of proving it. But then that’s the lost way, isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

maybe i was wrong trish

im only on ep 3 .. watching 4 tonight

but that thing is explained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

its that thing that <spoiler removed> , or at least it seems to be

Modedit: Can people please for the love of god read the sticky at the top of the forum indicating NOT to post spoilers in threads not clearly marked spoiler?

Advertisement