Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Night

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Metal night in Drohan's bar this thursday tight for anyone who is interested.

Celtic Punch, Serum and ..... um ....... someone who's name escapes me at the moment playing.

Might as well support what little metal scene there is in waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I hovered over the thread link in the forums and it got as far as Celtic, thought the next word was gonna be frost :)

Yeah I might pop a long. What time is it starting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Celtic Frost in drohans :eek: ..... I wish

Not sure, im not actually affiliated with drohans in any way, just thought i'd put it up.

I'll probably head along about 9 - 9.30 myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah i will probably go along too,do the have people on the doors there and are they too strict on age?

So did anyone else go to this last night ?

A major crap i thought it was on tonight(friday night) damn it to hell im really pissed of now.Was it good?did the bands play well?

• Advertisement

There were supposed to be three bands playing -
    SERUM
    SIRUCCO and
    CELTIC PUNCH

It started later than expected, with SERUM (cork band, young enough guys) opening - great energy, AMAZING drummer, very metallica infulenced I would think from their sound. Also threw out an excellent "Fear of the dark" for anyone heading up wednesday.

SIRUCCO up next. Waterford based band. No vocalist, plain instrumental. Excellent stuff too - hard to describe exactly how they sounded but personally I feel they were tending towards the death metal edge of things. I'd love to hear their sound with some vocals though.

Got SERUMS demo CD and getting SIRUCCOS tomorrow.

CELTIC PUNCH didnt end up playing, I dont know why, could have been 'cos it was running late ? I was told there were problems the last time it was on with neighbours calling the cops because of the noise levels !!

The bar itself isnt **ideal** for live music IMO simply because of the layout and there wasnt that much of a crowd, still had a great time though - and ill definatly be going again next month.

In the meantime though if your looking for metal - keep an eye on NINETEEN, i think theyre doing a monthly metal night too.

What time did the first band start at?Was there a cover charge?was there someone on the door watching for youngins? Wheres this NINETEEN?

19 is on Michael St. opposite Pure, the "urban clothing" shop.

btw, where is Drohans I was there on Thursday wondering where it was because I remember passing it a few days beforehand :(

Its somewhere near the forum i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

btw, where is Drohans I was there on Thursday wondering where it was because I remember passing it a few days beforehand :(

On Morgan St, between the old Tom Murphy showroom and the hypercentre.

• Advertisement

ah yes, I remember it now!

ah yes, I remember it now!

It used to be "the owl's nest"

does anyone know of a gig happening next saturday in drohans i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I was at the one in 19 a good few weeks back, wasnt bad, worth the trip from Ross. When is the next one on again?

I think there is one in drohans this saterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaXont

There's an all genres night on this saturday.Metal band for the night are our own Cerberus metalcore influneced lots of harmonies and tight as anything.Check out the myspace site dodgy recordin up but ya still get the jist http://www.myspace.com/cerberusmetalcore

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    Might have to check that out

Do! :D

The lads up there need more people going as there planning to tear it apart and build it up into a proper music venue.So everyone please get to drohans :)

SaXont wrote:
    Do! :D

The lads up there need more people going as there planning to tear it apart and build it up into a proper music venue.So everyone please get to drohans :)

You a representative ? ;)

Yeah the shape and layout of the place isnt ideal for live music to be honest. :(

c - 13 wrote:
    You a representative ? ;)

:D Lmao!

Nah just there every saturday usually the bands are mates of mine so it's become a bit of a local for me.Also nice to see somewhere in town having original bands instead of covers

• Advertisement

Cerebrus played in 19 before right? I might go check this out. BTW, do any of yez know of any bands floating around that require a new guitarist?!

yeah cerberus played there .no not me put a notice up outside john palmers saing that you are a guitarist if anyone needs one.

i think cerberus are supposed to be playing at 9 or 10 oclock

SaXont wrote:
    Nah just there every saturday usually the bands are mates of mine so it's become a bit of a local for me.Also nice to see somewhere in town having original bands instead of covers

Agree totally - turnout wasnt huge the last night in drohans - were ya there yourself ?

Ok did anyone go to drohans last saterday?i couldnt,were there many metal bands or just cerberus?

Nope, didnt make it either but from the posters I seen around it looks like they were.
    There seems to be a lot of stuff on there this month, was looking at the poster in 4 star the other day.
    Next metal night is thursday the 29th september. Doesnt look like any bands are confirmed as yet.

Does anyone have any contact details for anyone whos running these things? How easy/hard would it be to get a gig with them?

Does anyone have any contact details for anyone whos running these things? How easy/hard would it be to get a gig with them?

Omega Dawn productions run the metal night as far as i know. Cant find a web page for them.

Here's drohans official page - I think it has contact details on it.
    http://www.drohanslive.com/site/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Hey maybe a metal night would be good for the boards beer in October?
    Yea must see are the otheres interested , be better than the usual pishy music on.

I might head up to the next metal night then!

• Advertisement

Whats this boards beer you speack of?it sounds pleasing to christophicus.

Advertisement