Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and Order

Options
  • 22-08-2005 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

Anyone here absolutely love this tv show? I'm completely addicted to them all-SVU, Criminal Intent and the original series.
    anyway was anyone watching it tonight on tv3? this series of SVU has to be the best yet but the way this episode ended totally wrecked my head :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

He was innocent :p ... or was he .....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Have TV3 started the most recent US season? Last time I checked it was a repeat of S5.

I like all four incarnations, although I only got 13 episodes of "Law & Order: Trial By Jury" before it got axed. It was my least favourite of the four - with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" winning out because of the bonkers Det. Goren.

BTW, I got a great deal recently - Season 1 of "Law & Order" on DVD for just £8.99 from sendit.com...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

the BF bought me series 1 of SVU for my Bday. 22hrs of it!!!
    Criminal Intent is my fave too, and for the same reason-Goren, the Supreme King of all TV Detectives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Trial by jury was axed ? Ah well wasnt too into it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Criminal Intent is the worst of the 3 i've seen
    the original in 2nd
    the vastly superior SVU in 1st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

There was a TV movie pilot thing too with Chris North but I only caught the last 30 minutes of it.
    I like Criminal Intent because of Vincent D'Onofrio is so over the top.

The original seems to have remained consistant and decent but the other two seem to be waining.

The episode last night was a real hack job AFAIK. THe whole Elliot changing his mind because the daughter was coached. He then takes pity on the man because of visitation rights yet he was sympathetic before he knew that. I saw the ending half way through Although Shannyn Sossamon was a nice addition to the show.
    At some point the show went from neutral police work to massive assuptions and opinions of cops. I can take cynicism but the preachy element of it now is getting laughable the way Quincy is. It's like the show decided to become more like the CSI things for ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Nightwish wrote:
    Anyone here absolutely love this tv show? I'm completely addicted to them all-SVU, Criminal Intent and the original series.
    anyway was anyone watching it tonight on tv3? this series of SVU has to be the best yet but the way this episode ended totally wrecked my head :confused:
    i was watching that episode last night thinking it was a great episode and then it just ended and i was like WHAT THE F**K. i felt i wasted a whole hour watching that episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i was watching that episode last night thinking it was a great episode and then it just ended and i was like WHAT THE F**K. i felt i wasted a whole hour watching that episode.
    we find the defendant........................ big blank I was going mental!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I can't believe people didn't see it coming. It was soooooooooooooooooo obvious! Worst SVU ever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

OLDYELLAR wrote:

They have done that is Without a Trace before,where there was a guy about to be executed at midnight,but they found evidence he was innocent. They had to try convince the judge to stop the execution and the episode ended with the clock at a minute to 12,with the team looking at the phone waiting for it to ring...then it ended... :mad: and you never find out if he was executed or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I was like wtf dont tell me TV3 cut it short , wft like I was so mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think the point is that it didnt matter if he was innocent or guilty. What mattered was whose side you took. It didnt bother me if he was innocent or guilty, and with 10 minutes to go, there was no time for any twist. Finished like a badly written secondary school english essay if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love SVU. I have season 1 box set but i havent been able to get any other seasons.

Advertisement