Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buyer no longer registered

Options
  • 22-08-2005 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭

lads i bought a phone off ebay but after i paid the seller he soon after became no longer registered

i was contacted by ebay they told me to make a claim which i did and the seller got in contacted with me saying why did i make a complaint after a long talk he finally agreed to send the phone

the phone is coming from portugal right now its in

Date Hour State Customhouse Number Place

2005/08/17 19:47 INTERNATIONAL RECEPTION N/A LONDON MT PLEAS

2005/08/17 10:40 INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH N/A PORTO

2005/08/16 14:16 ACCEPTANCE BY THE POST SERVICES N/A BARCELOS

its in london for 5 days whats up
    is this seller trying to rip me off and im trying to contact him no answer

paypal will refund me if i dont get the phone right

in response to my claim he added tracking codes so paypal will see it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Is that description from the tracking site?
    ie- UPS/etc ?
    Can you link to his User?
    What was his feedback rating? percentage and items bought/sold?
    Can you give more details.

tbh, I'd be inclined to wash my hands of him at this stage.
    Just go through paypal and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I wouldn't worry abouut it. The seller got naru by ebay for doing something silly like sticking a www link on his page. Happened me before a couple of times. If the seller has loads of feedback you'll be alright. More than likely he'll be back selling in a few days after ebay lifts the naru

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Is that description from the tracking site?
    ie- UPS/etc ?
    Can you link to his User?
    What was his feedback rating? percentage and items bought/sold?
    Can you give more details.

tbh, I'd be inclined to wash my hands of him at this stage.
    Just go through paypal and get your money back.
    yes
    http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jp_lugo&iid=6422568399&frm=284

this is the site i track the number http://www.ctt.pt/CTTsite/ctt_homepage.jsp?homepage=1

headshot: I dont mean to be condescending.
    Why did you buy off this seller?
    He only sold 10 items on ebay in total.
    He is not even a member for the last month.
    Heck, I've been a member since 97.
    Of the ten people he sold, one left very negative feedback:
    NEGATIVE PERSON. HE HAD THREATENED ME AND I DON'T KNOW WHY????
    (did you leave this? :) )

tbh, I never buy if the seller has less than 99% positive feedback.
    That way, you know that even if theres a blameless problem with the postage, etc; they will do their best to sort it for you.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    headshot: I dont mean to be condescending.
    Why did you buy off this seller?
    He only sold 10 items on ebay in total.
    He is not even a member for the last month.
    Heck, I've been a member since 97.
    Of the ten people he sold, one left very negative feedback:
    NEGATIVE PERSON. HE HAD THREATENED ME AND I DON'T KNOW WHY????
    (did you leave this? :) )

tbh, I never buy if the seller has less than 99% positive feedback.
    That way, you know that even if theres a blameless problem with the postage, etc; they will do their best to sort it for you.
    i wasnt the one who left he feedback
    i bought off him because i really wanted this phone
    i may have been a fool to buy of him but i really wanted the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,998 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Can you link to the specific phone you bought. The ebay search facility does not show that this seller had anything for sale. This suggests that ebay removed the item in question as it probably contravened their rules. The one for the negative feedback is an invalid item. It looks as if you have been scammed. The warning signs were there though as he bought 11 items to get his feedback which was probably used to list a BIN sale.

I assume you paid by Paypal?

Can you link to the specific phone you bought. The ebay search facility does not show that this seller had anything for sale. This suggests that ebay removed the item in question as it probably contravened their rules. The one for the negative feedback is an invalid item. It looks as if you have been scammed. The warning signs were there though as he bought 11 items to get his feedback which was probably used to list a BIN sale.

I assume you paid by Paypal?
    no link ebay removed it

and i paid by paypal

Yep, I suppose the lesson here is that you should never buy from someone you don't trust to send you the item on ebay.
    Just like a dub in glasgow said, he may have bought those other items simply to give himself a feedback rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I got caught aswell a few months back for a Doom game for PC, it was only €14 or something small like that so I just didn't bother making a complaint, but myone seemed to have been fine, only thing that was a little suspect was the fact that her fedback was private, but it was high, it's just more annoying than anything else, she even unregistered her email account that she had been using to email me at....

ooh. private feedback. stay well clear.
    She could have 1000 feedback score. Doesnt really mean anything.
    Its all about the percentage rating. people with 99+% can nearly always be trusted, as that <1% negative rating is probably the buyers fault or their misunderstanding.

• Advertisement

at least paypal have me covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audfz

File the claim through PayPal.

They'll get him to give the online tracking number and postage receipts. If he doesn't, you get your money back. If he does and they are invalid, you get your money back. If the are valid, it is a case of sit tight and wait.

But basically, once you file the claim within 45 days of when you paid him, you're ok.

(I work in the department of PayPal that deals with all these complaints).

If the seller sent an item to you and has a valid tracking number, you will not get anything from Paypal. The seller can send anything (eg an empty box) but as long as he can prove that he sent it, Paypal will not want to know. In this instance, I would recommend you do a chargeback through your credit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audfz

If the seller sent an item to you and has a valid tracking number, you will not get anything from Paypal. The seller can send anything (eg an empty box) but as long as he can prove that he sent it, Paypal will not want to know. In this instance, I would recommend you do a chargeback through your credit card company.

PayPal get the police involved in those empty box situations cause it is a police issue (someone stole money from you). But yeah, chargeback if it is worth it. But again, if the seller has tracking and it is valid that can back fire.

paypal told me about the empty box they told me to ask the post man to stay will i open my package so he's my prove

just an update on this

paypal have refunded me but not all my money

We are writing to let you know that we have completed our investigation
    of
    the claim detailed below.

Our investigation has concluded that the seller was at fault, and as a
    result, we have recovered funds on your behalf. ****GBPhas been
    credited
    to your account. This is the maximum amount covered by eBay's Standard
    Purchase Protection Program.
    If your claim was for more than the amount covered by eBay's Standard
    Purchase Protection Program, the balance of the claim is due to you
    directly from the seller. Please be assured that we will make our best
    effort to recover the balance from the seller on your behalf.

my claim was for alot more
    do u think ill get the rest

theres really no harm in posting the actual amount.
    I wouldn't hold your breath now on recovering it.
    Seller most likely makes a living out of setting up accounts and trying to scam new ebay buyers. Its very unlikely that you will get your money back from the seller.
    Best bet is to charge the expense as the cost of experience and move on.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    theres really no harm in posting the actual amount.
    I wouldn't hold your breath now on recovering it.
    Seller most likely makes a living out of setting up accounts and trying to scam new ebay buyers. Its very unlikely that you will get your money back from the seller.
    Best bet is to charge the expense as the cost of experience and move on.
    no chance at all ?

can i go to the credit card company or somthing

i only got 150 euro back

The maxium you will get back under the standard protection arrangement is €175 (€200 maximum - €25 excess). You have no chance of recovering any more from ebay/paypal or the seller.

I would recommend you contact your credit card company and file a dispute against the paypal transaction. I would have done this at the same time as contacting paypal/ebay.

I would recommend you contact your credit card company and file a dispute against the paypal transaction. .

ill do that

will i get my full money back

• Advertisement

I would recommend you contact your credit card company and file a dispute against the paypal transaction. I would have done this at the same time as contacting paypal/ebay.
    how does that filing a dispute against the paypal transaction work
    how much will i get back etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    ooh. private feedback. stay well clear.
    She could have 1000 feedback score. Doesnt really mean anything.
    Its all about the percentage rating. people with 99+% can nearly always be trusted, as that <1% negative rating is probably the buyers fault or their misunderstanding.
    True. I bought what I thought were a load of legit DVDs on ebay. What arrived in the post were home burnt DVD-r's.

I lodged a claim with PayPal immediately and neg-repped the seller, then the seller neg-repped me for neg repping him! As I don't buy from Ebay that much, his neg rep gave me a 90% overall.

Paypal refunded my money about 6 weeks later, but I had to go through a lot of repetitive stages and screens at various points over those 6 weeks to progress the claim.

Advertisement