Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time of year to sell a bike?

Options
  • 22-08-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I started trying to sell by bike last May, advertising it in countless papers, buy and sell, local, free ad papers, etc., and up to 1 week ago I had only got 4 enquiries, 3 of which were very halfhearted and probably not really interested in even seeing the bike.
    In the last 3 days I've had about 5 calls, all from people who are genuinely interested, the only prob for some is that I'm a bit of a distance away but at least 1 of them is to come and see it very soon.

Any explanations for the sudden surge in interest?
    I thought the start of the summer would've been the ideal time but obviously not!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Could be students heading off/back to college?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

And what's the best time to buy? :D (looking for one now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

I'd say that the best time of year to sell is when the weather is good and people can see themselves going off for a blast in the sun.

The best time to buy is in the depths of winter when it's raining and snowing and nobody wants to buy.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

he, i'd say if everybody thinks like jiffy says, so that's why timaaaaay gets calls from potential buyers now :D

Advertisement