Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We all need a roof over our heads.....

Options
  • 22-08-2005 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭

Alrite people, im goin to DCU, it would be a shame to have to sleep rough and all.

Dont know of anyone goin there for certain either, also would rather stay off campus (based on reports on this forum!)

Anyone know where i should be starting my hunt for houses, or of anywhere around the place i could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Do you know anyone currently a student in dcu?
    they could get you a list of accomodation places off-campus from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

ColHol wrote:
    Anyone know where i should be starting my hunt for houses, or of anywhere around the place i could try?
    www.daft.ie is a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Hey,
    well we have an appartment for 4 in Shanowen Hall (lovely new student appartments just a 2 minute walk from the college) but one of the girls we living with has dropped out. That means there's only 2 girls and 1 guy left there now so you wont be out numbered on the male/female front if you interested in moving in. Just contact Diane from Shanowen on 01-8624472.
    Best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cotillion

lizanne83 wrote:
    Hey,
    well we have an appartment for 4 in Shanowen Hall (lovely new student appartments just a 2 minute walk from the college) but one of the girls we living with has dropped out. That means there's only 2 girls and 1 guy left there now so you wont be out numbered on the male/female front if you interested in moving in. Just contact Diane from Shanowen on 01-8624472.
    Best of luck!!
    Only €110 a week, right? Sounds sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

only €110!! i was paying 75 a week last year for a house, meown double bed and all. you can do much better than shanowen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cotillion

VinnyL wrote:
    only €110!! i was paying 75 a week last year for a house, meown double bed and all. you can do much better than shanowen
    Ever hear of sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yes but outside of that, utilites are only €13 p/w which include light, heat, ESB, NTL TV and Broadband in your room. Not to mention the added security of your room and valuables and a way of getting back in if you lock yourself out.

I'm happy enough with it to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

It may be 75 a week u paying, but u have the additional finantial AND hastle worry of paying extra electricity, gas, heating, broadband (if even got broadband) bills on top of that. On top of that can it even be as close as shanowen?
    For 110 a week your living in a new appartment complex, nice room and en-suite to your self with broadband connection in all rooms. NTL digital plus out in the spacious sitting room and kitchen (no extra tv renting, unlike res)
    1.5 minute walk from college! Good craic with all other students living beside you. etc etc. I think shanowen hall is the better choice.
    Not only are these my reasons, but I'm on Intra from January and can pay only up to Xmas, wheras there is a fixed academic year tenancy contract with res and other student houses. And if you have to go on intra after xmas, res hold you liable for paying for the whole year aswell if they cant fill your room. Shanowen don't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

cotillion wrote:
    Ever hear of sarcasm?

ever hear of wit? ;)

ah well, so far as shanowen goes, if your happy your happy! had a load a mates livin there last year and they loved it.

i like the fact that we've a whole house to ourselves, great for parties, and noone to complain when we get the decks out!

everyone to their own though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Cheers for the replies lads, sent off for Shanowen today, prob a bit late but id still have some chance yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There's probably room for one more. Best of luck with it ColHol!

Advertisement