Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iadt

• 22-08-2005 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Anyone here students in Dun Laoghaire?

Me and my mate Sammy are starting there in septemeber but I was wondering if any of u know when we start exactly? Hes doing visual comunications and I'm doing Film and TV Production.

Anyone here know much about Student life there?

any good societies etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

i did a sumer potfolio prep course in the summer there. To be honest it looks boring and uninspiring, doens't have much character to the place, and is in ht emiddle of nowhere. Then again the facilities are brilliant and the grounds are relatively big. Very new and stylish. I dont know baout societies etc. as for student life doesn't look too good, there's no on campus social stuff for students, except some random pool table we found.

May I ask, would it be possible, coud u tell me if your friend "sammy" uses the internet, as i would love to learn more about the portfolio whihc he submitted for VisCom, as I wanna do that this time next year. i am curently going into 6th year btw. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

More suited here.... Since it's about College Play.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lukiebaggs

i don't think i agree with u, it ann't in the middle of nowhere, dun laoghaire and rathdown is the largest county counicl area in Dublin and happens to be where i live. The Middle of nowhere is somewhere like ballyformott.

I didnt apply to the college for the extra curicular facillities or the style, IADT doesnt have much of either. The campus is very small compared with trinners or ucd, and im a little miffed the national film school isnt resident in one of those universities but what can you do?

all I'm posing here about is to see if any of u know what the socities etc are like, I know the campus, i know the course - all 1st years start on the 12th apparently.

Sammy has no advice for you.

Did you take offence from my post Lukiebaggs? If not, then you come across as be very blunt and cold.

I am full aware of there Dun Laoghaire and Rathdown Co. Co. covers, I live in it. IADT is quite remote in relaition to the city. I know it has a great bus route system. But it is still quite far out.

If all you wanted to know was when you started, then you should have called them. With an attitue that you have you wont do to well in college, it's alot different to what you are used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

Shrimp wrote:
    If not, then you come across as be very blunt and cold.

IADT is quite remote in relaition to the city. I know it has a great bus route system. But it is still quite far out.

it's alot different to what you are used to.

firstly boo hoo and stop winging

secondly if it is served by tht most frequent and fast bus rout in dublin then it is not remote, if someone was to attend ucd it woul also therefore be "remote" they both have to sit on a bus and then get off......ooooooooh

and last of all what are you talkin bout its alot different to what you are used to, you are just headin to 6th yr so you have less of an idea you havent even done the leavin boyo

• Advertisement

firstly boo hoo and stop winging

secondly if it is served by tht most frequent and fast bus rout in dublin then it is not remote, if someone was to attend ucd it woul also therefore be "remote" they both have to sit on a bus and then get off......ooooooooh

and last of all what are you talkin bout its alot different to what you are used to, you are just headin to 6th yr so you have less of an idea you havent even done the leavin boyo

As a side not the 123 is the most frequent bus in Ireland. I think you are the two who need to stop winging. Bye Bye now.

whats weird is that no one who actually goes to IADT has posted here...

Is there anyone bar shrimpy over here that has some relavant info on extra curricualr stuff in IADT?

And Shrimp - Sammy has no advice for you because as long as you do fine art and you got some talent, have the common sense to work on your portfolio and do moderatly well on the leaving - his advice would be redundant. and to set the record straight - he was here when we read ur question and he honest to god didnt have any advice - dont get ur underwear in such twists over the trivial and the ordinary.

good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

hey! im going to IADT to study animation, wuhoo my first choice!yeah we are starting on the 12th which is a week before most of the college and we should be getting an "information pack" sometime at the end of this week or early next week.

i managed to find out a little bit about the clubs etc here... www.iadt.ie and here www.iadtsu.ie

to be honest i dont really give a **** what others think of iadt... i think its a class college and alot of people say college is what you make it so im going go along with that!
    :)

I just wanted to say thanks for pointing me to this website this has been the sole usefull comment posted to my innitial question so far.

Thanks again.

For any IADT student who wants to post in and IADT forum the site is here http://forum.iadtsu.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I went to IADT for two years and loved my course. :) Only reason I'd spend nearly 4 hours on dublin buses a day!!! Other than loving my course, the college and the socities were crap. The Student President was a waster and a lot of the socities (and nites out) stopped because of him. I do think that it is in the middle of nowhere. Bakers was the local and for me and others who lived on the other side of the city couldnt head there for a night out as it was too difficult getting home. If I had a boat now, it would have been quicker alright.

P.S. the Librarians are a**holes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

Lukiebaggs wrote: »
    Anyone here students in Dun Laoghaire?

Me and my mate Sammy are starting there in septemeber but I was wondering if any of u know when we start exactly? Hes doing visual comunications and I'm doing Film and TV Production.

Anyone here know much about Student life there?

any good societies etc?

I am in 3rd year in 2018!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChrisBurns

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a disability service to support students in the Institute of Art, Design, and Technology *(or IADT) in Dun Laoghaire.

Thank you

Advertisement