Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a predicament...

Options
  • 21-08-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

ok...
    i'll turn 16 next June on the 26th and i'll be doing CTYI but my question is will i be able to attend the following year (2007) if i have just turned 17 a few days before the course starts?
    I just wanna know so that i know whether i'm a Nevermore or not next year *keels over at the thought of being a Nevermore*
    can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

call CTYI, ask Colm, I've heard alot of cases of people being able to go with birthdays very close to the session. Though I think you could safely go to session 1 and be 16, though I may wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

should be grand for s1, just dont get your hopes up for s2...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

you probably will be able to go, my room mate last year was 17 before the session started

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Prob be fine for both tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

My birthday is near the end of May and Colm says he might let me in for Session 1 so you have a pretty good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ColHol wrote:
    Prob be fine for both tbh
    Doubtful, with all the overbooking on session 2, they won't let barely qualifying people in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

There's always a chance. Session 2, not so much, because that's always full, but if there's room on a Session 1 course you may be able to beg and plead and get on it. Though Session 1 usually starts before June 26 anyway so the age thing mightn't even be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

James Gough was just 17 going to S2 this year. Shud be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I have a problem like that but mine's worse cos I'll be 17 next year on the 25th and my Leaving Cert could clash with Session1. This year whenever anyone asked if I was a nevermore all I could do was shrug, American Pie playing twice at the last disco only helped to confuse me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Well don't get your hopes up for session 2 now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Depends on what subjects you're doing, and if all else fails you can sign out for the exams or arrive late. It's been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I know how you feel. Colm was less optimistic about my chances though. Doesn't like me very much... My birthday's the 20th of June.

I know how you feel. Colm was less optimistic about my chances though. Doesn't like me very much... My birthday's the 20th of June.
    Session 1 should be starting on the 18th of June next year, so you'll get a course guide next year

Raphael wrote:
    Depends on what subjects you're doing, and if all else fails you can sign out for the exams or arrive late. It's been done before.

Could you really sign out like that for Leaving Cert exams, remember, it's not the Junior Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, you can still sign out. I hope I do. I wouldn't even mind having to do session 1, just as long as I could go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

yeah i know.... cos i'd hate 2 go next year, have fun but not think of it as my Nevermore year and then be told "you can never return!"
    *satan eyes*

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was in your situation back in the day when I was at CTYI... June 24th birthday here. I was turning 16 in my first session at CTYI (S1 00)... so I assumed I couldn't come back the next year. Treated that year as a nevermore year. The next year, I decided to chance it, even though I was turning 17 6 days in. I was told only to apply for session 1, and I got in :) So there's hope for you :)

Advertisement