Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type of kitchens?

Options
  • 21-08-2005 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I was thinking to moving away from the carpenter I work for and starting my own fitted furniture company. I was offered a contract fitting for a cash and carry type kitchen company but would perfere making for my own stuff

I was just wondering where are people buying kitchens? Cash and carry kicthens, In-house at the panelling centre etc or getting carpenters (or cabinet makers) to build them?

Also what type are ye going for? Painted or natural colour timber? I've seen a lot of off white kitchens beiing sold lately

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bitbuilder

Personally I belive that most people are getting Cash and carry stye kitches these days. I fitted a few in the last year or so, including in my own house, I could have built my own, but the material cost would have been far higher than the cost of the completed kitchen, never mind the time to build it.

I think bespoke kitchens are a niche market - one that would be nice to corner though!

L

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I know the kitchens are dearer to build but the quality of material used can be a big diference I worked with a shop fitting company for a while when we fitted out a cash & carry type show room there was about 20 kitchen's in the showroom After seeing their product I wouldn't touch their stuff All chipboard carcasses which I reckon given 6 months of use the hinges for the door will start pulling out of MDF is so much better compared to chipboard

Advertisement