Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

>>>>New Boardstock PLANNING<<<<

Options
  • 21-08-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭

Aren't we the cocky bastards, presuming it would all go easy.....

No, not this time.

I'm not depending on bands outside Boards.ie here.

Express your interest here, and say a date. Your band will be included if they meet the quality requirements, and anyone who was at the last few will know what they are.

Put yourself forward and give a date, remember we have to have a venue informed 2 months in advance so it's looking around halloween. If you think you might be going out on the piss in front of a bonfire don't sign yourself up.

There is a Boards Beer on the 12th of November so this is a conflict.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

20 Bulls Each would be up for it again man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Humplifunker willing as always. Don't care when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

me and me mate would be able to do some instrumental drum and bass stuff, whenever really, as long as it doesnt matter that we're 14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

We'd like to do it as before. Halloween is good. We need to ensure bands are definite on dates this time... and well in advance. Once bands are confimed everything else should fall into place fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Dahlia would be interested if quality is of no concern.

Oh it is...

Well we're interested anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭tomMK1

79Cortinaz would be interested. Give us an idea of the date as we're free most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 y teimlad

just metal bands yer lookin for or whiny pasty singer-songwriters also??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

y teimlad wrote:
    just metal bands yer lookin for or whiny pasty singer-songwriters also??

Good bands I think is general rule.

And also, you'll never get anywhere with an attitude like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

The Dogs would be really interested. We can help out on equipment and all that too if needed.

We also have no lives so dates shouldn’t be a problem.

Oh yeah, we sound like this http://www.thedogsband.com/Download.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Gracehopper will do boardstock, we are new to boards.ie but have done 15 or 20 gigs in dublin this year. We play rock'n Roll and can bring a good size croud. Regarding a venue: Voodoo is cheap enough for a Friday night, i know some dont like voodoo but its big for the price you pay and theres a desk intalled already, dont think we should bother with a midweek gig cos between the bands we could get a good crowd for a friday, Anyway have a listen to us on: yourband.ie if you' are into it we will play, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 y teimlad

daram wrote:
    Good bands I think is general rule.

And also, you'll never get anywhere with an attitude like that.

its not an attitude, just a feeble attempt at humour

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Can I throw JimNasty into the hat?

Its like Marmite... try it - you might like it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gracehopper will do boardstock, we are new to boards.ie but have done 15 or 20 gigs in dublin this year. We play rock'n Roll and can bring a good size croud. Regarding a venue: Voodoo is cheap enough for a Friday night, i know some dont like voodoo but its big for the price you pay and theres a desk intalled already, dont think we should bother with a midweek gig cos between the bands we could get a good crowd for a friday, Anyway have a listen to us on: yourband.ie if you' are into it we will play, cheers

No offence Gracehopper but I think this is against the idea of Boardstock (imo). Boardstock should be a showcase for bands that are on Boards a lot and contribute to Boards as a whole, not just someone who sees Boardstock and goes "hey, I want to play that".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Flash My Frankenstein are definitely up for it too. We're in studio mid-September to record a demo (the point being we'll have MP3's then). In the meantime, if anyone wants to hear what we're like for the sake of Boardstock, we're playing two gigs in September* (1st in Doran's and the 29th in Voodoo).

* = This is NOT a plug, I swear! It would be purely so that the powers that be could see what we're like, quality-wise!

Particular dates ain't a problem and we could help with a guitar amp (Vox AC30) and a bass amp (Ampeg SVT3 Pro Head, Ampeg 4x12 Cab).

Cheers,
    Seán

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭fitz

I know I've played before, and I think new bands she be given the opportunity, but I'll play if there's changes to the line-up needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

feylya wrote:
    No offence Gracehopper but I think this is against the idea of Boardstock (imo). Boardstock should be a showcase for bands that are on Boards a lot and contribute to Boards as a whole, not just someone who sees Boardstock and goes "hey, I want to play that".
    well in that case i better ask how bands are expected to contribute :P coz Outbreed would be up for playing. probably the first time we've been mentioned on boards, but IM me if you wanna know more n so forth

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You're part of the band, you've contributed to boards. That's what I mean. Gracehopper seems to have only signed up to try and get a gig.

These are only my feelings on the matter. I have nothing to do with the actual organising barr giving ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nope feylya is right, signing up and posting here isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

feylya wrote:

Fair Enough, whoever is here longest and contributes to the site deserves to play. I thought i'd post because i like the idea of bands organising there own gigs.

:v:

• Advertisement

So... What happened to this?

It died, but I'm hoping to get another one going next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

We at Bravest Kid In School would love to be involved in the new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Kemosabe would more than happily get involved if it's taking place in February or sometime thereafter, i'm also more than happy helping out with planning if needed.

Advertisement