Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

little lumps on dog, itching alot

Options
  • 21-08-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hey, just came back from the airport today to find my dog is covered in little lumps all over his face and body, and hes itching alot.

Am going to ring the vet tomorow, but wondering does this sound like flea's or something? Its our first dog so im not sure.

Also my sister had chickenpox just this week so I wonder could that have anything to do with it? Poor guy must be going crazy with the itchiness.

Thanks

[Edit] Hes a boxer labrador cross if that is any use, and is about 8 months old.

Attached is a picture, and in the circle is the lumps if you can see em, it was so hard to get a picture using the useless webcam, id have 1 second to take a snap before he came over and started licking the camera :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Could be anything ...fleas, mites, allergy ..

Chicken pocks in dogs ? never heard of it ...but not sure if that's possible.

The vet' s your only man / woman

Try fitting an old T-shirt or sweater over his body (cut holes for legs first) so that he can't scratch those sores open (infection !!)

Any chance of going to the vet today ?

If its fleas ... you should see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

peasant wrote:
    Could be anything ...fleas, mites, allergy ..

Chicken pocks in dogs ? never heard of it ...but not sure if that's possible.

The vet' s your only man / woman

Try fitting an old T-shirt or sweater over his body (cut holes for legs first) so that he can't scratch those sores open (infection !!)

Any chance of going to the vet today ?

If its fleas ... you should see them

Id love to be able to go to the vet today, but have no car until tomorow, feel bad for the poor guy hes moping around and ithching.

My family are currently on a plane and I dont know the number of the vet if even just to ring her/him to find out what i can do until tomorow, until my family land at their destination which wont be untill 3am~

Is there some sort of generic vet number I can ring? Am going to check phonebook now.

Ive been ringing around vets from the sticky thread, but most seem closed, and on answering machines they say to contact an emergency hotline, but im not sure this would qualify.

I just realised something else on the dog, the left side of his face seems to have prickly pins or something dug in, like from a cactus or something but its hard to tell since he squirms so much and is constantly rolling arund itching

so this happened in a short period of time, while you were away at the airport?

do you have a cactus or anything prickly that he could have come into contact with?

Some of these things can actually be poisonous.

Sounds like an emergency to me ...ring the emergency line ...

where exactly are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

there is an emergency vets in Nutgrove who may be able to give you advice over the phone until you get to your vet tomorrow

• Advertisement

Well I talked to the emergency hotline and they said allthough they couldnt be sure, it sounded like a reaction to a bee sting or cactus plant like i described. They said we could come in to them in Belfield, but so happens this is the worst day possible, me and my brother are the only ones here in ireland, and today is his final day for completeing his thesis so hes busy working on that in college, and I cant drive. They told me if I couldnt make it to keep an eye on him and bring him to the local vet tomorow which unfortunately looks like what im going to have to do.

His reaction has come down a bit allready, and he has seemed his normal self most of the time (eg. barking at passing people from front door :P ,ect...) but im definetly gonna keep a close eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Get a taxi!!

Any news??

How's the pooch ...and what was / is it?

Advertisement