Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shambles

Options
  • 21-08-2005 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Serendipity was finding you
    But now I see its losing too.

You took my heart
    My heart you broke
    All is gone
    Not fogotten
    But I hope forgiven

Can you smooth over
    Such a crease upon your soul
    From where you went from
    Good to bad
    Losing and then finding
    All you ever had.

This poem is a shambles hence the name!
    I like the last verse and it kinda fits with the first verse but the bit in the middle is just shíte, I wrote in three very different moods and emotional places though so neh... Its still a shambles!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

why post it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

cuz I wanna fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

i quite like the final stanza too, try do more with it by starting again, find all you have and dont lose it, take the time thats free at hand, you need to take more time sorting out your poems before posting them if you want my advice, if you want help sorting out your poems, i would suggest not posting so much at any given time, you are a bit prolific for people to concentrate on your works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

If you're not happy with it then you should take what you like and work over it again until you are happy. At the end of the writing process you should be left with which YOU are happy and gets your point across well not something which is trying to pander to the tastes of your readers. Sure, we can give you constructive criticism but you're going to have to do the bulk of the "fixing".
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete is absolutely right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I think I've improved it, if not a lot then a bit. I haven't got my notepad at teh minute to post it but when I do, I'll stick it on up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement