Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greedy Hands

Options
  • 20-08-2005 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Sky blackened,
    People choked,
    Forests burned,
    Blood soaked
    Hands building
    New empires,
    Never leaving,
    Teens buying
    Empty dreams,
    Cultures dying,
    But products gleam.
    Profits up,
    But not enough.
    Greedy hands,
    Midas touch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

great rhythm in there, and the subject matter is totally apt to itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

I like the first half. The second half feels a bit contrived. No offence. It does have great rhythm. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭randomhuman

ExOffender wrote:
    I like the first half. The second half feels a bit contrived. No offence. It does have great rhythm. Good stuff.
    Thanks. Is it the longer lines that make it seem contrived, do you think?

Le Rack wrote:
    great rhythm in there, and the subject matter is totally apt to itself

Thanks. Rhythm is what I was going for, so I'm glad I pulled it off. What do you mean by "apt to itself"?

From the words its clear what you are talking about but its not in your face obvious and in this the way in which the words progress, show the greed, hate, dishonesty, materialism, getting from factory floor to store shelf so to speak, and its all done in a very apt way. That is what you meant isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

"Apt to itself" really has no meaning. You could just say it was apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Nah more the content itself of the second half feels a bit 'pre-chewed' if you know what I mean.

Le Rack wrote:
    From the words its clear what you are talking about but its not in your face obvious and in this the way in which the words progress, show the greed, hate, dishonesty, materialism, getting from factory floor to store shelf so to speak, and its all done in a very apt way. That is what you meant isn't it?
    Actually, I never thought of it that way myself :)

whoops

Advertisement