Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday presents for a guinea pig

Options
  • 20-08-2005 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

I missed my two year old guinea pigs birthday on the 21st of June only realised it now.*feels bad :( * so i want to get him an extra special present because of it any ideas?
    Btw:he already has brushes shampoos and treats looking for something a little bit out of the ordinary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Hmm im not sure anything else that you can give her, but today in work i saw this special type of bedding. Supposed to be soft, light and fluffy. I just thought id mention this but i really cant think of anything else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

A good place to look would be www.pet-bliss.com They are an Irish company who sell all sorts of animal stuff, both practical and fun, online. I've bought stuff from them before and they've been fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A big snake to play with?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I bought mine a gorgeous pink bonnet and a little pram.
    So I can walk around town and pretend its a little baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

OMG! I forgot my dwarf hamsters birthday this year.... That's why he was so pissed off. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you tried GG Shampoos, there's an extra posh one just for pampering the other shampoos are for treating or preventing skin problems, but these are strictly for pampered piggies

The conditioning oil soak.
    http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/os-c.html
    "Formulated with Pure Essential Oil of Lavender in a base of Grapeseed Oil, this Oil Soak is designed to give your guinea a relaxing, conditioning treatment
    Your guinea doesn't need to have a specific skin problem in order to use this Oil Soak! Many guineas end up with dry skin as a result of using commercial shampoos designed for humans (and sometimes other animals!)."

Posh 'n' Go shampoo
    http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/poshngo.html
    "Introducing the latest addition to our shampoo "family" - Posh 'n' Go Protein Shampoo for pampurred piggies. "Bad Hair Days" can now be a thing of the past! Geranium Essential Oil provides the pleasant aroma for this classy shampoo. Absolutely no need to condition with this shampoo - only the smallest amount is needed, so be warned! Unlike other commercial shampoos, Posh 'n' Go goes in soooo easily. Posh 'n' Go is THE Essensual Silk Shampoo for every piggy!"

I haven't had a chance to buy these yet but I so have a collection and regularly have to use some of their other products, the pigs always look FAB after..and smell a whole lot better too!. Love their stuff.

There's (as mentioned) petbliss.com lots of new stuff on there for smallies.

Also bunnymail have fab toys http://www.bunnymail.co.uk/ the deliver to Ireland with a bit extra on postage

The best shop bought items I've bought so far for the pigs that they loved (I love the shampoos but they aren't fond of washing lol) are cuddle cups and vet bed..cuddle cups are a huge hit with pigs, although their favourite thing of all is fresh grass..and it's free :D

Happy shopping!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

2 hookers and a big bag of w`hatever the guinnea pig equivalent of catnip is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i got my little darling a dollhouse to live in and a ribbon for her hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Another guinea pig.

Or, failing that, a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

bad idea if its male. you'll be cleaning semen off it for months :/

• Advertisement

Off topic slightly..

Adult male guinea pigs can be carefully introduced to 5 week old weaned baby male guinea pigs, the other alternative is having a male guinea pig neutered and 5 to 6 weeks later (after they become infertile) introducing them to a female guinea pig.

Male guinea pigs are best kept in pairs, females can be kept in groups.

More info on male guinea pigs: http://www.barmy4boars.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

A nice leather jacket maybe?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

a new sane owner maybe

Don't mind them, guinea pigs rule! :D

mabeysumday.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If someone's ever stuck what to buy me for my birthday I always tell them that a good bottle of something is always acceptable. For a guinea pig you could probably get away with a "baby" bottle, but if you got a naggin he could have all his little furry mates around for a party.

Advertisement