Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Chippings

Options
  • 20-08-2005 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

HI

Does anyone here know where to buy loose chippings?

I have a path all around my house and then about a gap of about 18 inches to the dividing wall between my neighbours house at the gable ends. Nothing will grow in this gap, so i've dug a lot of clay out of it and want to fill it with chippings.

I've seen the bagged stuff in woodies but thats 7 Eur per bag, i want to buy it loose(cheaper?).

I don't really know where to ask for it, anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Plenty of builder's providers will have it and sell it by the tonne. Bring a trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Thanks,

Guess I'll have to get off my arse and ring around. Too lazy TBH.

B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Assuming you are in cork, John A Wood quarries also offer the stuff and deliver. Its very cheap to get, but hard work when you get 30tons delivered. So be prepared to work your ass off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

30 tons no way! i only need 1, if even. In my old house I put down a full lorry load, think it was 30 - 40 ton, but i only need a small bit now and don't have a trailer. Anyway 30 tons sounds like far too much work :eek:

B2

Advertisement