Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Nintendo games are you playing?

Options
  • 19-08-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

DS:

Nanostray - good shooter, lovely graphics, but very short.

Meteos - Fantastic puzzle game, and alot better than Lumines... I've had it 3 weeks, and I'm still playing every night.

Finished Another Code last weekend, but have to go again because I didn't get D's story (which leads to an extended ending, so I'm told...). Should be alot quicker second time through...

Kirby Canvas Curse - finished the game, but still working on those medals... some of them are bloody hard!

Nintendogs, Ouendan! and Advance Wars DS coming in the next few weeks, so its a great time to own a DS!

Gamecube:

Still on Killer 7..... I have a few days off work coming up soon, so I must get back to this. Still have to finish Paper Mario, PoP:WW and Metroid Prime 2 (Hard) too..... too many games, too little time.

GBA:

When I'm not playing the DS, I'm playing Metal Slug, Shaman King 2 and Riviera on the GBA....

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DS: Kirby Canvas Curse (not a huge fan... Yoshi's Touch and Go was more fun)
    Polarium

GBA: Astro Boy: Omega Factor :D

GC: F-Zero GX
    Metroid Prime
    Burnout 2: Point of Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Being the Nintendo noob that I am the only one I get round to playing is Super Mario World when my SNES finds its way out of its resting box.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Gameboy Colour - Pokémon (does 3 minutes on Tuesday count?)

Gamecube - Mario Kart
    Resident Evil 4 (4th time through)
    Resident Evil 1 *Evil grin*

NES - LowG Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

NES: Captain Skyhawk, Mario 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

GBA: pokemon emerald, golden sun 2,metroid zero mission
    DS: another code
    GC: tales of symphonia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Goldeneye on n64!! Brilliant!

Also spent half the day playing mad max on a nes emulator, 'tis a classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

N64: Donkey Kong 64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

i hope you legally own mad max!!

j/k :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not playing any exclusives at the moment. but listening to the Talon overworld 2 theme from MP recently got me in the mood for another playthrough...

Resident Evil - Code Veronica
    Killer 7 (barely touched it since the first few hours of play when it first arrived...)
    Beyond Good and Evil

all in all, i'd estimate a grand total of 5 hours of gameplay in the past month (an hour of c&c generals on the pc included)
    i need to get a new job with decent hours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

erm... mine is shameful

GC

Metroid prime 2 - had since EU release and not finished
    Resi 4 - had since US release and not finished
    Megaman Anniversary Collection - Amazing. Love megaman 2

DS

Meteos - Love this game
    Mario 64 - need to finish this. Great game to come back to though

GBA

Final Fantasy 1 & 2 - Need to finish 1. never started 2
    Final fantasy tactics - Stopped playing for mario & lugi
    Mario & lugi - Nearly finished

NES

Dr Mario - Was my first nintendo game
    Castlevania 3 - yes, i legally have a copy of the original ;)

N64

In the post with Goldeneye & Zelda: OOT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

clownboy wrote:
    Oooh finish it, its worth it for Leon's shut-down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GBA:
    Zelda Minish Cap: Bloody Brilliant
    Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town: Excellent game and more addictive than crack.
    Final Fantasy Tactics: Wasn't enjoying it at all so starting playing the other two games. A bit crap and it really drags. Not a patch on the PS1 classic that is shamefully steals it's name from despite having nothing to do with it.

DS:
    Mr. Driller: Not that great

N64:
    Mario 64: So much more fun than the DS version
    Goldeneye: Aged badly but still very playable.

Snes:
    Super Metroid: Best Snes game ever
    Starwing: Despite the dodgy framerate and terrible graphics it's still a remarkably playable game

GC:
    Killer 7: Have only played a few hours of this
    F-zero GX: God it's bloody difficult
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Looking at the box and praying that my brother brings home Freeloader today
    Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: Crying into my pillow at night because it was delayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Harvest moon - FoMT , thats about it though , I am being really narrow minded at the mo and only playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Metroid Prime, I dropped it to play Windwaker and just haven't gotten around to it again, must fire it up and finish it.
    Super Monkey Ball, great little game.
    Ikaruga, looks great not played it much yet.
    Resi4, good, but still dont really know what all the hype is about.
    Warioworld, typical mario style game, quite good.
    Super Mario Sunshine, almost finished, mario in 3d, brilliant jump to 3d in my opinion.

a few more in various states of play, all I play now is the nintendo, xbox is meh not bothered with it any more.
    Not bothered with pc games as my GFX card seems to be on the way out and a lot of stuff hangs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

sell me tales of symphonia and megaman anniversary collection now!

Im playin metroid prime 2(first time ive played it since november :o )
    astro boy: this is a great game tbh. reminds of megaman
    killer 7
    fzero gx

I was listenin to the zelda collection of game jingles and it brought back so many memories. I love those games. zelda 2 has great music. pity the game isnt so good.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    sell me tales of symphonia and megaman anniversary collection now!

Wahey!!

I stuck on Ice Man in megaman 1. Only guy left to beat.

I've also started playing

Nes

Punchout
    Nintendo World Cup

Snes

Castlevania - Dracula X (great looking game)
    Final Fight 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

clownboy wrote:
    Castlevania - Dracula X (great looking game)

It's only alright. What you really should be playing is Castlevanis Dracula X-Rondo of Blood on the PC-Engine. It's emulated perfectly and the game is infinitely better than the rush job which is the Snes semi-sequel.

(super Castlevania IV on the SNES is bloody brilliant, just finished it recently).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Giving Beyond Good and Evil and Resident Evil another run through on GC. I suspect I'll be sticking Metroid Prime back in when I'm done (looking at my save file recently, it's been almost a year since I last played :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

clownboy wrote:
    erm... mine is shameful

ditto!!! im right at the end and just amnt bothered.

give me your megaman anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Metroid Prime is pretty much the only console game I'm playing atm. Might give Echoes another run through soon.

Oh I yern for Zelda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Playing a lot of super monkey ball 1 lately, damn addictive mini-games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I finished Astro Boy quite quickly, didn't really enjoy it and traded it in. Am I broken?

Anyway.

Ikaruga: I sort of suck, and then I get to level three, and then I really suck. It's brilliant, brilliant fun, though.

Resident Evil 4: I bought it when it came out, and got bored half way through. Started again a couple of weeks ago and I've just finished the main game now. To be honest, I don't really think it's all that. Am I broken?

Advance Wars: I also suck at this but, like Ikaruga, I'm loving it. Masochist?

WarioWare Inc: Always.

Ikaruga: I sort of suck, and then I get to level three, and then I really suck. It's brilliant, brilliant fun, though.

Wait until level 4. Now that is evil.

And you are broken.

I'm playing Super Castlevania IV since my snes controller and snes to usb adapter arrived. Keypad makes the game unplayable but with the controller its pure gaming bliss.

Still gotta finish of resi 4 and mp2. And to make matters worse my N64 and a copy of Advance Wars DS.

Advertisement