Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diana Krall help please

Options
  • 19-08-2005 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Not an expert in this area at all...recently heard two tracks featuring/by Diana Krall (one was Peel Me A Grape Live from Jools Holland, the other is with Mark Isham - Love Is Where You Are).

I'm really impressed by both of these tracks (quite different I know). I dunno if you'd classify the former song as 'light' jazz seeing as shed doesn't go into major improvisation-mode (told ya I'm new to this) but I'd really appreciate recommendations for where I could get more of the same...preferably by her (I like her voice and piano skills) but I'd accept something similar.

Not trying to pigeonhole here, but I want to get more of this stuff before I start exploring.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Krall evolved from jazz to pop over 5 or 6 years...best of the early jazzier stuff would be "Only Trust Your Heart" or "Love Scenes"...you can get them both fairly cheap in the shops...the one that made the pop breakthrough was "The Look of Love"...also available at a good price.

Now, go on, push out the boat and go for some real jazz singing...Renee Marie's "Vertigo" or "Serene Renegade" both on the MaxJazz label...I presume you're already familiar the Billie-Holiday-like Madeleine Peyroux's "Careless Love"....

JB

Thanks a lot for the reply...will go looking now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Althought I hate my self for it, I'm acutally a big Diana Krall fan. She has some really good albums out. "When I look into your eyes" would be a good place to start, but there's one, I think it's live from Paris, where there are some really good arrangments of songs.
    That's the thing I like most about her, not her singing, but the way she can take a well know jazz standard and make her own.What an amasing piano player...did you know.... she started out as just a piano player in a band and hated her vocie and the singer of the band left and the others asked her to step in and when she didn't want to they gave her a choice... sing or your out and she choose to sing and the rest as they say is history.

Excellent thanks for that advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement