Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS + University

Options
  • 19-08-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

If you do a fas course, can you get into university after doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Depends on a number of factors I suppose, such as the university, and the course in question. Have you any specifics that you can give so that we might be better able to answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Computer and Communications Technician Traineeship

Its on the fas site.

http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?REQUEST=WWW_JS_LOGIN_COU&LANG_TEMPLATE=EN

I cant hard link to the specific course

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

from what i know, there is NO higher link to uni/college from fas at all.. unless you have the entry requirements, the CAO does not have any acceptance regulations.

look into doing a HND or PLC course, they have links to all IT's and you can transfer into a degree course in UK after 2 years!!

i went to napier uni in edinburgh and did my degree in 1 year, after studying for a hnd in Multimedia from ballyfermot.. so a 4 year degree..

www.bcfe.ie

Is there any other places you can do these courses, even in Dublin (apart from ballyfermot? How much dows the course cost?

Are you sure thats true about the fas course, the course i posted is a year
    long course?

all plc courses are funded by the council.. look up dublin city vec in ballsbridge..

these coures are all over dublin, i know that ballyfemot has a really good name tho..

http://www.daycourses.com/cdvec/cdvec.html

not sure about the fas course, see it prob doesnt have any links to third level courses... unless your doing an apprentiship where u would spend 3/4 monthd at a time in an I.T.

• Advertisement

the link you posted doesnt go anywhere...

throw it up again..

err, if you go to fas.ie, search for course, select computers etc. category. (Theres 81 in the category or sumthin) Then its the Computer and Communications Technician Traineeship, its listed four times nearly at the start of the list.

Advertisement