Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of Naked Camera

Options
  • 19-08-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Runour has it that 'The Whistler' was seen up to his usual newspaper toting tricks in the Limerick area during the week...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

How are they going to catch people out with it now that everyone knows them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not everyone watches it you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I never got round to seeing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

moshpit77 wrote:
    Runour has it that 'The Whistler' was seen up to his usual newspaper toting tricks in the Limerick area during the week...
    In Killarney last week, tried to pull a sketch on a friend of my brother's while he was at work. If he hadn't been recognised beforehand, it wouldn't have been at all obvious, what with the fella with the large backpack that was constantly facing the right direction, or the guy who had spent the best part of two minutes looking in the door of the shop scouting the place before hand.

Real pros at work, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

alleepally wrote:

I don't know what their ratings were but I presume they'd have got less than 100,000 viewers... the population of Ireland is 4 million... do your maths!

The sketch in question in Limerick was pretty well planned, the owner of a certain establishment was contacted looking for permission to film on the premises, then they just waited for an opportune moment and hit...

I don't think it's hitting the screens until the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

That always struck me as a show that had great potential, but always blew it. There'd be a few hilarious sketches (like yer man claiming that he smoked his hemp shirt) but then they'd shoot themselves in the foot by parading "The Whistler" about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I always thought "The Whistler" was the highlight of the show... Some of the stuff he did was genius... on the DART, with the mannequins in the office.. :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

How can anyone claim that this show is good. It's brutal. Compared to 'Stew' though it's a work of genius :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

I thought that show was hilarious and consistent too, but im fairly sure the old routines are going to get a bit tired if they stick with the same characters.Stew was absolutely crap
    anyone who didnt recognise Eoin McLove in the first series is a fool anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

LFCFan wrote:
    How can anyone claim that this show is good. It's brutal. Compared to 'Stew' though it's a work of genius :)

Because, strange as it may seem, some people have different taste in comedy than yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

moshpit77 wrote:

In that case I hope somebody stabs him.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

moshpit77 wrote:
    Because, strange as it may seem, some people have different taste in comedy than yourself.
    but it's not funny. Not even slightly. And that's coming from someone who'll laugh at almost anything even remotely funny. I'm seriously at a loss as to what people find so funny about it. The idea of some of the sketches are good but the execution is awful. Why can't they find some better people to do the show? Ireland has a great tradition of churning out amazing comediens but when it comes to these types of shows and sitcoms (apart from maybe Bachelors Walk & Paths to Freedom) in Ireland we manage to scrape the bottom of the comedic barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

stew and naked camera suck balls.

Camera café was average.

Blizzard, Podge and Rodge and the panel are the only funny Irish programs imo.

Advertisement