Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplins (split from Crescent Thread)

Options
  • 18-08-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭

The Lopper wrote:
    Speaking of HMV, at least there's more room to move upstairs now, but everythings hard to find again.

What Limerick needs is another music instrument store, we got Savins which is a right rip-off, Steamboat Quay (too small and rumours of a closedown, dunno, haven't been there in months?)

Don't Maplin's in the Childer's Road Retail Park kind of do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Maplin? Musical Instruments?

Don't think so. I was out there the day it opened and it's more amps and speakers and cables when it comes to music. They're more for electronics and computers. Really cool shop though. The place to go if you're building a computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ya, i hate my name too!!!

True, i dont think Maplin do any musical instruments!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Haven't been in Maplins, weren't aware they were doing amps, how cheap are the amps there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

was in maplin yesterday the aint really got instruments but the got like microphones and stuff like that really good store a lot of stuff though some things are a bit pricy (all brits working there) went to jjb two shops down from it very impressed

I thought JJB was crap, just looked good... but the stuff they sold had no intrest in me! I only wish footlocker where to buy a place that size!!!!

• Advertisement

There wasn't a GAA jersey in sight in that JJB place, which has immediately blacklisted it for me. Hated it.

In Maplins, the have a few PA boards, but no Normal Guitar Amps, from what i could see. It does look to have an excellent range of electronic equipment in there (i only paid the most fleeting of visits)

Personally i hate this new shopping complex, it just seems very dull. I really don't like it at all.

Same here, JJB was soo totally English and in Maplins it feels like its the 80's... whats with that low roof! Aw.. I hate that place! Espically because i was so excited about JJB and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ugh

limerick_man. I split these posts from the crescent shopping centre thread as they were unrelated to the crescent shopping centre. and what do you do, you start discussing JJB sports in a thread which has nothing to do with JJB sports. please do not do it again. if you want to discuss JJB sports then start a new thread.

No i didnt huge mentioned it! Y u always blame me?? Its in the area anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

No i didnt huge mentioned it! Y u always blame me?? Its in the area anyways!

im talking to the three of you. you lopper and huge. i just thought i put in the other names. sorry bout that.

edit: at least huge's post contained material relevant to the thread topic, yours was the first post to contain absoloutly nothing to do with the thread title. followed by lopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

hey i was just saying that it was good but my post was mainly about maplins,
    anyway did anyone else notice that is was all english working there (not that it matters but it was kinda strange)

And the people who built the whole complex where 'British'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

1huge1 wrote:
    hey i was just saying that it was good but my post was mainly about maplins,
    anyway did anyone else notice that is was all english working there (not that it matters but it was kinda strange)

I know two guys working in there, they're both "Irish". Hardly "all english". They've probably got experienced staff from britain in for the first few weeks/months. That happened in the bagel factory in town. Of course, the place went to s**t when they left

Sorry, i was only replying to limerick man about JJB.

Anyway, back to Maplins, do they sell computer cards (Firewire, USB etc) in there, i can't remember, and i'm getting sick of Compustore ou near Elvery's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

ugh

limerick_man. I split these posts from the crescent shopping centre thread as they were unrelated to the crescent shopping centre. and what do you do, you start discussing JJB sports in a thread which has nothing to do with JJB sports. please do not do it again. if you want to discuss JJB sports then start a new thread.

think thats a bit harsh..whats the point in starting a new thread when its generally related and only a couple of posts.. if thats the case there would be a load of random threads all over the place with only a couple of replies..jeez

Advertisement