Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD

Options
  • 18-08-2005 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I've got some experience with Sketch-Up and am now considering learning AutoCAD.
    Could anyone recommend any evening courses in Dublin, or what I might expect to pay for one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I got something in the door yesterday with Autocad courses I'll post it up later but It's the software that is expensive. Technically you need a dongle to use it so standard borrowing a disc doesn't work. I am sure there are bad people who have cracked the codes but I wouldn't approve personally. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

I got something in the door yesterday with Autocad courses I'll post it up later but It's the software that is expensive. Technically you need a dongle to use it so standard borrowing a disc doesn't work. I am sure there are bad people who have cracked the codes but I wouldn't approve personally. ;)
    Thanks but im able to look after myself regarding acquiring software.
    Just looking for a quality and affordable AutoCAD evening course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

jman0 wrote:
    Thanks but im able to look after myself regarding acquiring software.
    Just looking for a quality and affordable AutoCAD evening course.

Meant no offense. I asked a friend about the training and I was warned that most of the courses use the same 3-4 freelance trainers so check the name of the person doing the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Personally, I would recommend the City & Guilds 4351/01 course.

FAS in Cabra run one and it should be starting soon.

If you find that any of the course prices are too steep PM me and we might be able to sort something out.

Im an Architect, with 10 years AutoCAD experience and City & Guilds trained.
    I've also done instructor based training.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My sister teaches.

I think she was employed by the VEC, but the course was in FÁS Baldoyle.

• Advertisement

Thanks, i'm looking into it.
    Pity these FAS training centres are always way out in the peripheries.
    Nothing in the city centre that i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jman0 wrote:
    Thanks, i'm looking into it.
    Pity these FAS training centres are always way out in the peripheries.
    Nothing in the city centre that i can see.

There's one in Jervis St. See below for details.

http://www.evta.net/fas/center-dublin.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

griffith college dublin do the city and gilds one

• Site Banned Posts: 5 teodor76

You should receive my message but if not ...
    I can provide Autocad training for you - at this moment I am working on kind of schedule for that. If you are still interested in just send me e-mail.
    zbieg@eircom.net
    Regards
    BZ

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My sister won't be doing classes this year, but she said check DIT Bolton Street.

• Advertisement

Update:
    It's nice to have gotten several replies to this thread.
    Thanks to all who have replied.

fdevine: Cabra is not listed as offering the AutoCAD course on FAS's website. I haven't rang them however.

the syco: (FAS on Jervis St), Same as above however i have rang them. Never seem to get someone over the phone so i leave a voice message but obviously we all know that's a waste of time.

zap: Griffith college offers a course alright, for 650euro

teodor76: you got mail!

Victor: I don't see AutoCAD listed among part-time courses at DIT, however i have a sneaking feeling their going to be a little expensive if they do.

Advertisement